+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allied Barton

Default Allied Barton

I heard two rumors that I am looking to verify. First, it has come down the pipeline that Allied Barton Security Services (the company which I work for) has acquired New York City. This means that we provide all the security for every public building in the city.

Also, it has been rumored that we are going to buyout Wackenhut and become the largest security group in the US. Apparently the Wackenhut deal is going down very soon. Can anyone validate this?

Wackenhut was bought out by Group 4 Falckes a long time ago, allied barton must of forgot about that, or is rich enough to buy the second largest company in the world

To put in perspective... Group4 owns Securitas, Securicor, Wackenhut, and a bunch of other companies.

Hint: If anyone's being bought, its Allied Barton.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Quote Originally Posted by N. A. Corbier
    To put in perspective... Group4 owns Securitas, Securicor, Wackenhut, and a bunch of other companies.

Hint: If anyone's being bought, its Allied Barton.
    You should look at G4S's website. Over 400,000 employees all over the world and growing. To be honest, it worries me. The logistics, communications and operational momentum is going to get grid locked sooner or later. TWC here is still in the dark ages and is stagnant in moving forward. Ether because they want it that way or they are waiting to see what G4S is going to do. Rumors are flying all over the place. None of it is taken seriously but it still concerns a lot of us.
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-If you try to shoot the messenger, this one shoots back

-It's just a job kid, deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

Is Garda growing in any of the member's area? They are eating up companies like crazy here in Canada & I believe they have started in the US. I think they are going mostly after armoured car companies but I also read that they took over Vance International.

See, I heard that they were going to purchase the Wackenhut division. I could be wrong, but that is the rumor I heard. We are owned by Spectraguard and are supposedly the top security company as far as training goes.

I hope we don't get bought out because I think that Allied Barton is one of the best security companies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Echos13
    You should look at G4S's website. Over 400,000 employees all over the world and growing. To be honest, it worries me. The logistics, communications and operational momentum is going to get grid locked sooner or later. TWC here is still in the dark ages and is stagnant in moving forward. Ether because they want it that way or they are waiting to see what G4S is going to do. Rumors are flying all over the place. None of it is taken seriously but it still concerns a lot of us.
    The thing is, the only thing that Securitas or TWC really sends to G4S is a check. Logistically, things are still the same as they always have been before the buyouts. Even though TWC and Securitas are G4 owned, they are still there own seperate entities, thats why your check still says "Wackenhut" and why they can't use a local Securitas S/O if you need coverage.

I dont forsee any form of gridlock so long as g4s does not try to merge everybody into one big company, which Im sure it is written in the buyout contracts that they cannot.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

if G4S tries to take complete operational control of TWC/WSI they will lose all the govt contracts, it's already been happening even though they don't have control now. There was a post a while back about WSI losing DHS facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by BHR Lawson
    The thing is, the only thing that Securitas or TWC really sends to G4S is a check. Logistically, things are still the same as they always have been before the buyouts. Even though TWC and Securitas are G4 owned, they are still there own seperate entities, thats why your check still says "Wackenhut" and why they can't use a local Securitas S/O if you need coverage.

I dont forsee any form of gridlock so long as g4s does not try to merge everybody into one big company, which Im sure it is written in the buyout contracts that they cannot.
    That is perhaps true. But TWC here seems to be stagnant on any forward movement in regards to improvements though. So yea, TWC will stay the way it is in regards to operations. Shame, was hoping G4 would put a fire under some TWC people and get the ball rolling into the 21st century. As you stated you got an offer that was better both in the wallet and in materials. Also TWC has lost a few of DHS, DOC and NPP contracts. Why is not clear. According to a BIG rumor the Wackenhut family has made it clear they want the name removed with in a certain time. Which I believe was something like three to five years transition aggrement. And G4S has also wanted to change it but it's been nothing but rumors as to where that's going. BOA dropped a few TWC accounts in Tampa in the last few months along with at least one federal site. Dispite CPO's getting paid better than most SO's in the area we are getting short handed all of a sudden. Sign of things to come?
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-If you try to shoot the messenger, this one shoots back

-It's just a job kid, deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Quote Originally Posted by Echos13
    That is perhaps true. But TWC here seems to be stagnant on any forward movement in regards to improvements though. So yea, TWC will stay the way it is in regards to operations. Shame, was hoping G4 would put a fire under some TWC people and get the ball rolling into the 21st century. As you stated you got an offer that was better both in the wallet and in materials. Also TWC has lost a few of DHS, DOC and NPP contracts. Why is not clear. According to a BIG rumor the Wackenhut family has made it clear they want the name removed with in a certain time. Which I believe was something like three to five years transition aggrement. And G4S has also wanted to change it but it's been nothing but rumors as to where that's going. BOA dropped a few TWC accounts in Tampa in the last few months along with at least one federal site. Dispite CPO's getting paid better than most SO's in the area we are getting short handed all of a sudden. Sign of things to come?
    TWC in a lot of areas seems to have no desire to move forward. This is why I left my Wackenhut office. When I was in LA, the NOLA office was so hard charging, trying to get good accounts and what not, when I got home I found our office kinda seems to just try to pick off high paying accounts regardless of anything. They made a lot of dumb moves, like bumped our account to a CPO account from a USO account even when they KNEW our area was on a shortage of CPOs as it was.

Everyone was nuding the office to try to advance with better weaponry/tools, we wanted to go from Tauruses to Glocks and we wanted to add ASPs handcuffs and spray... The office truly felt that it was too much of a liability

I heard a couple rumors about a name change, but I doubt "Wackenhut" is going anywhere for a long long time..
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998