Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SecTrainer
    • Nov 2006

Houston Security Guard Shot, Killed

Shot through the side window of his patrol car while sitting outside a gas station he was guarding. His name doesn't appear in this article.

RIP.

Cops are hunting a gunman who shot and killed a Houston security guard in his patrol car Tuesday in an apparent ambush, police said.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron
  • Consolewatcher
    • Feb 2014

Very unfortunate. I think it serves as a reminder that in this industry that even in an "observe and report"-type role there can be dangers involved simply by being there (since the guard was 71, I'm assuming it was an "observe and report" job).

I don't want to use someone's death as a cause for discussion/argument, but after seeing another story it appears that the car could quite easily be mistaken for a law enforcement vehicle (looks like a Crown Victoria, lightbar on top, horizontal stripe, the word "PATROL" in large letters on the sides, "law enforcement" style logo, no word "security" or anything else suggesting a private security vahicle). I can't help but wonder if the guard was targeted because the person mistook it for a law enforcement vehicle. Obviously, we can argue whether it resembles a LE vehicle, but I think we all have to keep in mind that we as security guards/officers/managers etc. have a better understanding of what to look for than the average person (especially one that is not acting rationally).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...