Default Anti-cop resentment on the rise

http://news.yahoo.com/online-rants-r...225012920.html

While it doesn't affect us directly, it is good to be aware of possible spill over. Unfortunately, anti-government sentiments can quickly turn in to anti-authority paranoia (i.e. anyone wearing a badge is not to be trusted).

I dealt with a member of the Posse Commitatus group in the late '90s. More of an annoyance than anything else (their tactics were mostly legal challenges and lawsuits), but researching the mind set of these people was disturbing, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Guard View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/online-rants-r...225012920.html

While it doesn't affect us directly, it is good to be aware of possible spill over. Unfortunately, anti-government sentiments can quickly turn in to anti-authority paranoia (i.e. anyone wearing a badge is not to be trusted).

I dealt with a member of the Posse Commitatus group in the late '90s. More of an annoyance than anything else (their tactics were mostly legal challenges and lawsuits), but researching the mind set of these people was disturbing, to say the least.
    Go check out any LE story--bad or good--on any news website. If it's a negative LE story, all cops are government revenue-collecting thugs. If it's a positive LE story, the cop had ulterior motives for his actions. A lot of anti-LE folks are just paranoid in general. They loooooooooooooooove soldiers, especially the Marines, but then turn around and say the army wouldn't hesitate to come and take their guns and kill their family....cop-haters come from both sides of the political spectrum. Liberals think the police are oppressive thugs, Conservatives think the police are taking away their constitutional rights. If a cop stops a guy open-carrying an AR-15 or AK-47, he's tromping on the "God-Given" rights of the individual. If a lunatic goes and kills 26 students, they whine and bitch about why the police didn't stop the loon or take his guns away.

Groups like Posse Commitatus, CopBlock, and Sovereigns even "Oathkeepers"--though each claims to be different--are all the same. Look at the Bundy Ranch incident. Bunch of lunatics armed and ready to "go to war" with law enforcement. These people are dangerous, if you get the hint you are dealing with one, pile on the back-up. At minimum, they are witnesses for when the loons try to sue you. Don't hesitate to call the police either. In most cases, security does not have the resources to deal with these people.

Remember West Memphis, and remember that all of the above DGAF about reason or law. Just their own f****d-up laws and right to do whatever they damn well please.

General Rule: Everyone is capable of everything. People are nuts. Watch Your 6.
    "Big City turn me loose and set me free."--Merle Haggard 'Big City'

"If somebody gets in your face and calls you a ----sucker, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal."<--Patrick Swayze, Roadhouse.

Stop The World & Let Me Off.

Safety First, All Else Second.

Quote Originally Posted by UnsupervisedCanadian View Post
    Go check out any LE story--bad or good--on any news website. If it's a negative LE story, all cops are government revenue-collecting thugs. If it's a positive LE story, the cop had ulterior motives for his actions. A lot of anti-LE folks are just paranoid in general. They loooooooooooooooove soldiers, especially the Marines, but then turn around and say the army wouldn't hesitate to come and take their guns and kill their family....cop-haters come from both sides of the political spectrum. Liberals think the police are oppressive thugs, Conservatives think the police are taking away their constitutional rights. If a cop stops a guy open-carrying an AR-15 or AK-47, he's tromping on the "God-Given" rights of the individual. If a lunatic goes and kills 26 students, they whine and bitch about why the police didn't stop the loon or take his guns away.

Groups like Posse Commitatus, CopBlock, and Sovereigns even "Oathkeepers"--though each claims to be different--are all the same. Look at the Bundy Ranch incident. Bunch of lunatics armed and ready to "go to war" with law enforcement. These people are dangerous, if you get the hint you are dealing with one, pile on the back-up. At minimum, they are witnesses for when the loons try to sue you. Don't hesitate to call the police either. In most cases, security does not have the resources to deal with these people.

Remember West Memphis, and remember that all of the above DGAF about reason or law. Just their own f****d-up laws and right to do whatever they damn well please.

General Rule: Everyone is capable of everything. People are nuts. Watch Your 6.
    I am going to say that more then anti-cop resentment but more of an anti-authoritative sentiment that is going on here. These people as you like to refer to are for the most part have a military, or a law enforcement background. With the current infringements being placed on our rights is it no wonder that things are coming to a head. A man can only be pushed around for so long until they start to push back. This process is already starting to take root and for the most part has become fairly mainstream. Look at the infringements made to the 2nd Amendment and even the 1st Amendment in the last few years . Hell even the 4th and the 5th are under attack so you can see why these groups are pissed off. Not only that a good portion of them see armed revolution as the only way to restore the republic. For the most part you need to handle these people with care as in be careful but most are going to be easy to deal with if you treat them with respect first. Going all I am a bad ass on them is not a good idea. A good way to ID these groups is with tattoos , shirts and hats that have one or more of the following things on them. 3%er Molon Labe (Ancient Greek for come and take it) , Modern musket ( with an AK or AR above it) or any kind of military morale patch on there clothing or other items. These people are more then likely going to have conceal carry permits and will open carry legally so as I stated be careful.
    Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
    Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

The place I experienced the WORST anti-authority, anti-badge type of experience was while working contract security at Barnes and Nobles in Seattle near Westlake Center. They hated the guards and treated any LE people with contempt. I was aghast because I hang out at the Barnes and Nobles when I vacation back east and it seems sophisticated and educated and to see and experience such behavior that anything wearing a badge was "the man" was a really bad experience to have to suffer through. When LE would park their bikes outside I overheard an employee say they wanted to make them move their bikes or go and pop their tires.

Contrasting this was the waaaaay liberal view towards shoplifters and vagrants who we COULD NOT APPROACH if we caught them shoplifting and once, when I caught a creepy guy pleasuring himself in the kids book section I actually had an employee scold me for being a security guard who dared go to the kid section of the store. They looked at me like I was the creep for noticing the behavior. We suffered drinks spilled by employees on our desk, having our pens always stolen, having our paperwork thrown away by employees, getting intentionally ignored in the store. Getting rude glances. I once had an employee literally leave the register and leave the store in a huff because she did not like security standing near her register! The manager actually sided with her, refused to punish her for leaving and said I needed to stand somewhere else.

I lasted a few weeks and finally begged to be taken off site. It was really hurtful suffering such stuff in one of my favorite stores. No surprise but the store closed later on. I have never had a problem with SEA PD. I am sure others have but, yah, the world is full of people wanting FBC....(Fame By Cop) and I am sure they actually seek out situations to be approached by police.

With that said, the police in some other parts of WA simply cannot be so easily smiled upon. When good folk are being followed and grilled for doing nothing wrong and then given no explanation, it doesn't make one fond of police.

Part of the blame for the Barnes and Nobles site can be attributed to the element in Seattle that by definition, without reason has a PTSD screaming level hate of all authority. Just showing up in a badge is akin to screaming vulgarities. Some are actually noticeably angry or disturbed. So, that is part of the blame. But, part of the blame must also be placed on the security company for not training guards effectively or getting our back when workplace harassment (spilled drinks on on desk, refusing to ring up security at the register on our break, throwing away our supplies, etc)

But yah, hating LE is on the rise. Sometimes because it seems to be the thing. Sometimes (just being honest) with good reason. But the actions of a few don't mean that everyone with a badge is wrong.
    Last edited by Guard Shark; 07-22-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Ah, good old passive-agressive Seattle. I don't miss it.

I deliberately did not want to go down the road of why anti-LE sentiment is on the rise, for fear of drawing out a couple of the trolls on this forum. I think corruption everywhere is on the rise, due to our culture sliding. Corrupt cop stories get interest, so the talking heads make a big deal out of it.

Knowing the symbols is important, but I would caution that some may have mixed meanings. The Las Vegas cop-killers used the Gadsden flag (the yellow flag with the "Don't Tread on Me" snake), but it is also a Tea Party symbol, and most of those people are just against big taxes and big government.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Guard View Post
    Knowing the symbols is important, but I would caution that some may have mixed meanings. The Las Vegas cop-killers used the Gadsden flag (the yellow flag with the "Don't Tread on Me" snake), but it is also a Tea Party symbol, and most of those people are just against big taxes and big government.
    This was the point I was trying to make in my post to Canadian but it might not have come off that way. Being a freedom sympathizer I could easily fall into one who is seeing our (United States ) rights being taken away at an alarming rate and have become more politically active as a result of it. The Symbols I was describing were ones I have worn from time to time and doing some charity work with the Oath Keepers I found them to be a first class group with a noble mission. And yes our rights are being taken away . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Bill_of_Rights Canadian read this and look at the laws being passed on the federal level or look at Maryland Firearms safety act of 2013.
    Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
    Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith