Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Echos13
    • Sep 2005

Amazon's contract security

Although I have not been able to confirm this those places in my area are still under construction I have been told by a few G4S people I talk with now and then that the firm has landed (or is bidding) the contracts for Amazon. Does anyone in Florida or elsewhere know who's doing it for their areas Amazon?
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other
  • copelandamuffy
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Echos13
    Although I have not been able to confirm this those places in my area are still under construction I have been told by a few G4S people I talk with now and then that the firm has landed (or is bidding) the contracts for Amazon. Does anyone in Florida or elsewhere know who's doing it for their areas Amazon?

Who has the contract right now?
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

• Echos13
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
      Who has the contract right now?
      From what I understand no one right now. Unless they have a night watchman there during shut down.
      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

• Soper
        • Mar 2013

Probably using security drones...

Comment

• Echos13
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Soper
          Probably using security drones...

-you beat me too it! Damn!

Comment

• c0187
            • May 2013

It would be pretty sweet if they went in-house. Better pay, and more all around respect from employees. Although, better pay isn't always the case. Swift transports in-house security guards got paid $9/hour. I think in this case, going contract security would probably be beneficial for those guards making $9/hour. I don't think you could pay anymore less than that and expect competent help.

Comment

• zm88
              • Nov 2008

Last I checked in my area AlliedBarton holds the contract. I'd figure that would fall under a national accounts portfolio.
              Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

• ContractSec Level III
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by c0187
                It would be pretty sweet if they went in-house. Better pay, and more all around respect from employees. Although, better pay isn't always the case. Swift transports in-house security guards got paid $9/hour. I think in this case, going contract security would probably be beneficial for those guards making $9/hour. I don't think you could pay anymore less than that and expect competent help.
                Believe it or not, Six Flags Security pays $8.50 in my area, far less than contract guards, and a lot of what they do is actually specialized work.

Comment

• Jim1348
                  • Dec 2010

Amazon's Contract Security

Originally posted by ContractSec Level III
                  .....Six Flags Security pays $8.50 in my area.....
                  Wow, holy smokes! With pay that low, I suspect that the turnover rate is HUGE. I am sure that getting people to apply is not a problem. I am also sure that keeping quality people IS a problem. The good people will move along to better paying jobs.

Comment

• Jstar571
                    • Jun 2009

Amazon

Here in PA (Allentown), the Site was controlled by Alliedbarton but if my memory serves me right, they/we lost the account.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...