+ Reply to Thread

Default New in California

Hello all,

I started in security back in 1995 as a dirt guard at age 18. I moved onto another company as a K-9 officer (best job ever), then joined the navy in 1997.

I separated in 2004 and went back into security as an armed patrol officer, then as a dispatcher for the same company while going through additional training.

I got out of security for about a year and a half then went back to the same company as an account executive and later a regional operations manager.

I went back to school and got my Bachelors in Criminal Justice, then went into Loss Prevention for five years.

While working LP, I took my PC 832 and bail pre-licencing courses to become 1299 complaint to do fugitive recovery in California. I also received my notary and process server registration. I did fugitive recovery and process serving part time while working LP.

In 2013, the process serving company I was working for went up for sale due to the owner having medical issues. I bought the company and quit LP, focusing on the process serving and other legal support services full time.

It's been a year now and the legal support firm is stable, so I took the PPO (Security Company license for those of you outside of California) exam last week.

I share an office with an attorney who is also licensed as a private investigator, so between the two of us, we have most of the bases covered.

Hopefully I'll learn some new things here and be able to contribute as well.
    Last edited by AcaciaCon; 06-29-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: typo

Great introduction. Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.