All I can say is it's a free country. If you can't find, create or advance to a position that you like in this industry, pays you a decent living and challenges your abilities, you owe it to yourself to explore other fields.
    A man who will not lie to his wife has no regard for her feelings. - Anon.

My school was so tough we had our own coroner. - Lenny Bruce

In my neighborhood, you could walk 10 blocks in any direction and never leave the scene of a crime. - Charlie Callas

Quote Originally Posted by SecTrainer View Post
    All I can say is it's a free country. If you can't find, create or advance to a position that you like in this industry, pays you a decent living and challenges your abilities, you owe it to yourself to explore other fields.
    Absolutely and Amen! I was just giving my opinion and realistic sight into security from the employee perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by psycosteve View Post
    Employee candidates used to be a zero sum game but with loosing restrictions and hiring illegals to secure sites like in California, a whole new pool of potential employees have opened up to them.
    I assume you're referencing SB1159. If SB1159 goes though, illegals that have obtained a federal tax ID number would be allowed to apply for licensing as security guards, as well as a bunch of other jobs. Being allowed to apply for a license and getting a license issued are two different things. Once they get a license, they will still have to provide documentation for eligibility to work in the US, as indicated on the I-9.

California has actually tightened restrictions, not loosened them, and requires a lot more training as well as a DoJ and FBI background check.

I also assume by your statement, and the perceived feelings from the rest of your post, you believe that these people will fill a pool of minimum wage workers, not a pool of highly skilled top dollar earning workers. Guess what? That minimum wage pool is already overflowing with legal immigrants, kids out of high school, and others that have no motivation to get out of the pool and improve themselves.

As a California PPO, I don't hire from that pool anyway.