The goal of terrorism is to cause fear and eventually political change. There is no immediate timeline. It is well known that groups will sit on things until the time is right. Nothing said, no publicity...

This plane could be used for multiple things, or just a quick nose dive into a target.

i cant find the link but i saw a website which explained the following things:
    If the plane was hijacked it would not disappear from the radar. Even if the terrorists disabled the transponder.
    Everyone knows where the plane lost contact, but they still cant find any debris.
    Even if the plane had blown up, there would still be debris and the black box would remain in tact. Furthermore the black box would give off a signal for 30 days but investigators cant find any signal.
    The phones of the passengers are in tact, because people call the phones, and they keep ringing but no one responds.

Quote Originally Posted by ContractSec Level III View Post
    i cant find the link but i saw a website which explained the following things:
    If the plane was hijacked it would not disappear from the radar. Even if the terrorists disabled the transponder.
    Everyone knows where the plane lost contact, but they still cant find any debris.
    Even if the plane had blown up, there would still be debris and the black box would remain in tact. Furthermore the black box would give off a signal for 30 days but investigators cant find any signal.
    The phones of the passengers are in tact, because people call the phones, and they keep ringing but no one responds.
    It would disappear if it flew under a certain altitude. I forget what the specific altitude is, but I believe it is around 3,000 feet.

Yeah. That website is incorrect.

Here's the thing. Components of the aircraft, be it the engine or whatever, have been sending data of that component via satellite for something like 6 to 7 hours AFTER the transponders were turned off. Which suggests that the airplane was taken by either terrorists or the pilot(s). God only know what the fate of all those souls aboard are. One of the biggest theory, about the aircraft, is that it will be used as a huge cruise missile and be flown into...something. But what part do the passengers play?? Perhaps ransom? I am not sure as to what all the nationalities of the passengers are. Perhaps there is someone, and just one someone, on that entire flight that is worth the ransom. ??

Pax are dead. Won't work to ransom various citizens of multiple countries. No way to ensure security.
    Any country holding all those pax would be a pariah and lose anything they had gained.

If the plane was taken, bet on an Islamic/Muslim attack against a Western target.

Some incorrect information there. I'll let you figure it out. It's not hard.