+ Reply to Thread

Default security sales meeting

Hello All,

I was recently put into a weird situation last week and got into sales. I was making a bunch of calls last week reading my script and got a few meeting next week. The only problem with this is that I have no idea what to say or do in this meeting.

I have read a few things online on how your supposed to ask questions in these types of meetings rather than describe your company but what questions would I even ask? Do I ask if they like their security or if they had any problems? What if they say they like their security and then I'm in a weird situation?

I am really lost at the moment and any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

If they say they like their security ask them why they like them. Then tell them what you can offer them that is better than what they have at the same affordable cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Security_K9_Guy View Post
    If they say they like their security ask them why they like them. Then tell them what you can offer them that is better than what they have at the same affordable cost.
    Is asking how they pay their security something that occurs a lot? My company only has a set price for guards that is fairly non negotiable so going cheaper is a bit hard if they have a ridiculous price.

Your company should have guidance on contracts etc. you should be asking the manager for help.

Find SecTrainer's profile and go through every post he has made. A lot of it has good information on sales vs marketing stuff. I highly recommend it.

You can also do an "Advanced search" and search for "Sales" and then for the poster search "SecTrainer"

Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    Your company should have guidance on contracts etc. you should be asking the manager for help.
    That would be the case but they are a small company and most of their contracts have come from contacts so far

Quote Originally Posted by i_Ryan View Post
    Find SecTrainer's profile and go through every post he has made. A lot of it has good information on sales vs marketing stuff. I highly recommend it.

You can also do an "Advanced search" and search for "Sales" and then for the poster search "SecTrainer"
    Thank mate,

His posts are very insightful and intriguing I must say

Anyone else with great posts like that?

Asking questions is a great way to make a sale. You want to find out what is motivating a potential client to want to use a security service. A great book for this method of sales is "Spin Selling Fieldbook" by Neil Rackham.

Make sure you get the fieldbook version of Rackham's work. It has great workbook features that will move along your preparation quickly and efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra49 View Post
    Asking questions is a great way to make a sale. You want to find out what is motivating a potential client to want to use a security service. A great book for this method of sales is "Spin Selling Fieldbook" by Neil Rackham.

Make sure you get the fieldbook version of Rackham's work. It has great workbook features that will move along your preparation quickly and efficiently.
    Thank I understand a bit just confused on which questions I should ask and the order.

will look into that book
    Last edited by sps; 02-16-2014 at 11:17 PM.