+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Squid,

You'd get more veracity if you would stop using unsubstantiated terms like "fact is...".

ZM,

Sounds like your in the right mode with the ideas.

Thanks Soper I appreciate that.

Ultimately I know whatever I bring to the table will be 'edited' and pushed into whatever direction the bosses want. As long as my guys get some recognotion I dont care.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

No company pens, lapel pins or generally anything business gift- like. "We value your service, so here's this remotely useful object with the company logo on them, congratulations, officer". I've had employers where employee recognition was done like that, and it seemed somewhat minuscule compared to the responsibilities and risks while on the job.

Gotta agree with PolarDeer. I would suggest having a 3rd party with no ponies in the race to look over the candidates and choose the winner. Someone who doesn't know the officers from Garp and are just going by their performance.

Personally, as far as rewards & recognition are concerned, I'm happy with the odd "attaboy!" from the company or the client. Awards kind of make me feel awkward almost. I come into work, I provide the client with the same service I would want if I were the client, I bs with my relief, then I climb into my vehicle, crank the George Jones and haul-ass home so I can rest up and do it all again tomorrow.

I don't think a Certificate of Recognition and a Gift Card would be a bad idea for your officers. Gives them a piece of paper stating that their efforts are recognized and appreciated by the agency, and the gift card gives them something non-work-related.
    "Big City turn me loose and set me free."--Merle Haggard 'Big City'

"If you don't know what you're doin, do it fast!"--Si Robertson.

Stop The World & Let Me Off.

Some say I'm a dreamer....Other's say if they catch me sleeping at work again I'm gone....

Safety First, All Else Second.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect the thoughts or opinions of my respective agency.....Or those of any rational human being.