Question Providing Individual Protection

I was just curious if anyone here,(through their security company), provided protection for an individual(s) that was under a threat of some sort, and how you found that experience to be?

I had a friend who was threatened some years back by about 3-4 guys who chased him home in an act of road rage. Although they were scared off by his parents, they vowed to return to do harm to them when they least expected it. They apparently were considering hiring an armed security officer or 2 to watch over their property during the overnight hours. They decided against it, and thankfully nothing ever happened.

That also got me to thinking if people hired security companies for similar reasons such as this, or if it is an uncommon practice?

Since you have elected not to receive Private Messages .......

I continuously have to move the threads you start. You use the Ask a Security Question forum. This forum is restricted to non-security individuals who can register and ask a security related question and receive a professional response. Please use the proper forums when creating a new thread. Read the sticky post at the top of the Ask a Security Question forum.

What do you mean "continuously"? This is the 2nd time you've had to do it in the 3-4 months I've been here.

And the forum I posted in was called "Ask Security", which is what I was doing according to your criteria below. I've posted other threads in similar fashion there, yet they were never removed. So please explain why this one was?

Check again they have all been moved. The forum is for non-security people to register and ask a question. Again, please read the sticky post. It's too bad this exchange had to take place on an open forum...only because you don't accept PMs. Please follow the rules and TOS.

"So please explain why this one was?" Because you are posting in the wrong forum.

"This forum is for non-security people to register and ask a question."

Yes, that's what I did/am doing. How is that posting in the wrong forum? Seriously.

And why were my previous threads,(save for 1), just moved recently? I posted some of those as long as 2 months ago and they were in those forums until today? Up until this point, I had only been aware of 1 thread of mine that was moved.

I'm not in the security business and was asking those who were a question with this topic. According to the rules I've read, I would think this thread is a prime candidate for this forum.

The one thread in that forum does not reside there, it is a redirect link that will expire tomorrow AM. I believe I have discovered what the problem is.

SecurityInfoWatch is a closed site, meaning that it is only open to people who work in the security industry. You registered and was granted access to the Ask a Security Question forum. I suspect you are not granted access to post in any of the other forums - thus you continue to post in the one forum you were granted access to.

I have asked that SIW administration review your account. They will not get a chance to so until the AM.

For now I'm locking this thread as it doesn't need to get any uglier.