Default Hello from California!

Hello everyone I'm Mimiaga.

I am a newly licensed Private Patrol Operator in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been licensed for about 10 years as a Security Officer and have practiced off and on throughout this time. I decided to get licensed after a handful of what seemed to be promising contracts I was working turned sour and I thought there had to be a better way to do it. I have entry and middle management experience in Security, but sure not any senior management experience. That being said I'm here to learn and hopefully contribute and I apologize in advance if my some of my questions or comments seem oddball at times, I've come to realize message forums can be a great source of information. So I'm glad I found one related to my new field.

-Mimiaga

Welcome, and could you give a rough breakdown of costs to go from Guard to PPO in CA?

And how did the contracts "turn sour"? Feel free to change the name to protect the guilty.

If I was just 'starting out' I'd approach wedding and event planners and my pitch would be "you will be getting ME, not some random guy some faceless guard company has 'next up'"

Squid, Licensing cost me $1200 total. $500 to submit my corporations application and a $700 licensing free. This was just Bureau of Security and Investigative Services fee's. I've also invested in business incorporation through LegalZoom and DBA's through my county. I'm currently seeking General Liability quotes, as I'm ready to begin seeking accounts. The later costs were collateral damage, among a host of others!