+ Reply to Thread

Default Google poised to enter home security market

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/art...urity-industry

Two comments: One, I would never trust Google with my home security - they have proven time and again that their sole purpose is to sell as much personal and purchase information on you as possible, to any business that will buy (IMHO). Two, if I'm a Russian teenager, I'm already working on a hack so I can take over your remote access home security when you're not home, and sell it to the highest bidder.

The commercial with the guy who can arm his alarm system, turn off the running faucet (is this really possible?) and turn his outside lights on all from his phone is cool, but there's always a downside...

Other possible problems: Your alarm system will ask you every other day if you want to update to Google Security Chrome, you will be asked every time you arm the system if you would like to add a mobile number, you will not be allowed to arm your system until you add an alternate email account for your alternate email account, and every so often you will have to reset all your home security settings because Google will have updated and deleted all your pre-set privacy and security settings.
    "Big City turn me loose and set me free."--Merle Haggard 'Big City'

"If you don't know what you're doin, do it fast!"--Si Robertson.

Stop The World & Let Me Off.

Some say I'm a dreamer....Other's say if they catch me sleeping at work again I'm gone....

Safety First, All Else Second.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect the thoughts or opinions of my respective agency.....Or those of any rational human being.

Just think it could be worse. Microsoft could get into the market.

Enter code.

Windows wants to execute a program, do you want it to proceed?

Yes.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Please reenter you code!

Enter code.

Are you sure?

..shoot control panel
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-If you try to shoot the messenger, this one shoots back

-It's just a job kid, deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Quote Originally Posted by Echos13 View Post
    Just think it could be worse. Microsoft could get into the market.

Enter code.

Windows wants to execute a program, do you want it to proceed?

Yes.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Please reenter you code!

Enter code.

Are you sure?

..shoot control panel
    "It appears someone unlawfully entered your home...Would you like us to activate the alarm? Y/N"
    "Alarm Buffering.....3%.....25%....26%....27%....Windows Doesn't Recognize This Type Of File."
    "Big City turn me loose and set me free."--Merle Haggard 'Big City'

"If you don't know what you're doin, do it fast!"--Si Robertson.

Stop The World & Let Me Off.

Some say I'm a dreamer....Other's say if they catch me sleeping at work again I'm gone....

Safety First, All Else Second.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect the thoughts or opinions of my respective agency.....Or those of any rational human being.

That has skynet written all over it.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.