+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's better when you put them on a bus...for that long trip out of town...

The jomeless would pull the medical card at one of my sites a few years ago. The medics would scoop em up, and drop em off in quincy or another citys ER.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    It's better when you put them on a bus...for that long trip out of town...
    LMAO, that reminds me of the time I was taking a break from the psych unit, chatting with the Asst. Supe and Desk guards, someone came in and mentioned that there was a man sleeping on the bench out front of the hospital...Since the Supervisor was offsite, I went out to help the Asst. Supe deal with the guy. She shakes the guy awake, and he opens one eye and says "I was gonna tell ya ta bugger off, but yer kinda cute!" then tries to fall back asleep and we give him the old "you don't have to go home but you can't stay here" and then we sweet-talked a city bus driver into taking him downtown, promising he wouldn't puke or cause trouble...And to his credit, he walked to the back of the bus and fell asleep again.
    "Big City turn me loose and set me free."--Merle Haggard 'Big City'

"If you don't know what you're doin, do it fast!"--Si Robertson.

Stop The World & Let Me Off.

Some say I'm a dreamer....Other's say if they catch me sleeping at work again I'm gone....

Safety First, All Else Second.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect the thoughts or opinions of my respective agency.....Or those of any rational human being.

I usually issue a verbal warning with the consequences; if you are on the property it is simple trespass. If you enter the store it is criminal trespass. If I can get a plate for identification, I send a no trespass letter via FedEx with a copy to local PD.

A year or two ago I had some guy panhandling customers in our parking lot. I chased him off the premises but he came back the next day. Police were called and I got an ID. He disappeared for a week or two but on his third time I charged him. It took a few appearances in court but they finally picked him up on a bench warrant. Judge fined him over 600 bucks and I never saw him again.

Roscoe

I'd say it only depends on how serious management is to people coming back after being banned. At the hospital I work at the head of Security signs all No Trespass letters which mess if the person doesn't letigatemately enter through the Emergency Department to receive treatment they can be charged with a misdemeanor. If management were to make exceptions for certain people then it really doesn't matter. Once we find someone who has a letter we call the cops and ask the person to leave. If they leave then we tell the cops, otherwise they're going to get arrested and it makes it easier for the cops (no warrant needed). If they don't have a letter but have been banned and don't have legitimate business then we ask them to leave and if they dont the police get called. If they leave on their own then they're always subect to prosecution, but in reality they'll just get a No Tresspass letter and be on the fast train out of our property (save the legitimate Emergency Room visit).