+ Reply to Thread

Thread: seo worth it?

Default seo worth it?

Hello all,

I am a security guard from Australia. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section since I don't know where else I could have posted this question. Currently I have been reading about marketing regarding security companies and came across Internet marketing and SEO. A lot of people seem to be saying that clients search online for security companies however is that really true?

I have been doing some research regarding keywords for the Melbourne area and most keywords I think people might search only get 10-50 searches per month. Is that really enough to be even dedicating a lot of time to Internet marketing or am I missing something?

Thank for any help.

Regards,
    Larry

The vast amount of my business comes from the internet, with a good amount coming from referrals. I can tell you, from experience, most key word searches today are three or more words or short phrases. I keep track of keywords used to find my websites weekly and adjust my keywords accordingly. I get 150+ hits weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    The vast amount of my business comes from the internet, with a good amount coming from referrals. I can tell you, from experience, most key word searches today are three or more words or short phrases. I keep track of keywords used to find my websites weekly and adjust my keywords accordingly. I get 150+ hits weekly.
    Thank you for the reply. If you don't mind me asking , do your keywords get searched a lot? 100 a month? Or is 10 searches per month for something like "construction security" , "security guard company" enough? Do you use google ad words to check for new keywords or are you just going of your websites analytics?

Sorry for all the questions but it is rare in my country for people to discuss these topics online.

Keywords are used daily to find my websites - far more than 100 per month. I don't use Google Ads I use Google Analytics. I also don't pay for clicks. Set your website up correctly and you will get the first page without such nonsense.

Sorry I think there might be a misunderstanding here. I meant the tool in the Google ad-word site which shows the volume of hits a certain keyword gets per month on Google.

I just checked out the key word "security companies in Melbourne" and that seems to get searched 270~ times on Google per month but keywords like "construction security" only get 10~ searches per month.

My understanding was Google analytics only shows how people get to someone's site but not show how much that word gets searched on Google.

Regards,
    Larry

Google Analytics gives keyword search counts and a whole host of other information. Much more than I put to use.