Quote Originally Posted by PolarDeer View Post
    I take it that this refers to actual fire/EMS duties. Its quite common around here for bigger industrial facilities to have their own fire departments (about 200 in total), and if they're outsourced they're usually outsourced to the security company in which case the firemen also act as security officers alongside the "dedicated" security staff.
    Polar, one thing that I was surprised to find is that G4S provides firefighting services in certain parts of the world. I remember the first picture I saw of a G4S fire engine, thought it was a shop until I did some searching.
    "Big City turn me loose and set me free."--Merle Haggard 'Big City'

"If somebody gets in your face and calls you a ----sucker, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal."<--Patrick Swayze, Roadhouse.

Stop The World & Let Me Off.

Safety First, All Else Second.

Quote Originally Posted by UnsupervisedCanadian View Post
    Polar, one thing that I was surprised to find is that G4S provides firefighting services in certain parts of the world. I remember the first picture I saw of a G4S fire engine, thought it was a shop until I did some searching.
    Over here I can at least name one dockyard where G4S is in charge of both security and firefighting. Securitas also has firefighting around here, most notably in the nuclear powerplants around here. Tried looking up one photo I've seen of a fire engine with a big Securitas logo but couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarDeer View Post
    Over here I can at least name one dockyard where G4S is in charge of both security and firefighting. Securitas also has firefighting around here, most notably in the nuclear powerplants around here. Tried looking up one photo I've seen of a fire engine with a big Securitas logo but couldn't find it.
    No kiddin? I never knew Securitas provided firefighting services. I'll hop on google and see if I can find a pic.
    "Big City turn me loose and set me free."--Merle Haggard 'Big City'

"If somebody gets in your face and calls you a ----sucker, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal."<--Patrick Swayze, Roadhouse.

Stop The World & Let Me Off.

Safety First, All Else Second.