+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use these guys for most of our commercial installations. They have a full service tech support division and there sales team is very knowledgeable. This is their retail site. if you are an installer or reseller, ask for their wholesale pricing. Also, check out their forum under the support tab.

www.securitycameraking.com

Quote Originally Posted by bababouy View Post
    I use these guys for most of our commercial installations. They have a full service tech support division and there sales team is very knowledgeable. This is their retail site. if you are an installer or reseller, ask for their wholesale pricing. Also, check out their forum under the support tab.

www.securitycameraking.com
    Thats pretty good! I can build my own system on that site. Cameras pretty good? What about during the night time?
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

You want to buy cameras with 100ft IR, at least. The cheaper cameras are only 50ft. It might seem like 50ft is enough for home use, but 100ft IR makes a big difference. If you go to their support section and flip through the forum there, you will find a demo video that we put up from a 27X PTZ that has 250ft of infrared. The video was shot in complete darkness. Infrared cameras work best when they are installed where there is no light at all. You will be able to see a black cat or a person wearing black clothes so much better when using a good IR camera.

Quote Originally Posted by bababouy View Post
    You want to buy cameras with 100ft IR, at least. The cheaper cameras are only 50ft. It might seem like 50ft is enough for home use, but 100ft IR makes a big difference. If you go to their support section and flip through the forum there, you will find a demo video that we put up from a 27X PTZ that has 250ft of infrared. The video was shot in complete darkness. Infrared cameras work best when they are installed where there is no light at all. You will be able to see a black cat or a person wearing black clothes so much better when using a good IR camera.
    So I shouldn't mount them near floodlights? I wanted to put them on the corners of the house, among other places.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
    So I shouldn't mount them near floodlights? I wanted to put them on the corners of the house, among other places.
    Anything???

These cameras will work great with lights or with an area that is receiving a lot of ambient light. They also work great in complete darkness.

I dont even know who I would hire to install these

Also, whats the difference between a DVR and NVR?

Do Security Camera King's cameras use proprietary software? I ask because if something would happen and I needed to turn a copy of CCTV footage over to police I would want them to view it with no problem

I also want to be able to view the cameras wirelessly.
    Last edited by FireEMSPolice; 01-22-2014 at 05:03 AM.

They have an amazing tech support team that can help you. I think their site explains quite a bit. A dvr is used for regular analog cameras and an NVR is used for IP megapixel cameras. There is a player/converter that is on their website under "downloads" that converts the video from the DVR, which is in AVI format, to a DAV format.

Well, it looks like Security Camera King folks only offer installs in South Florida and I dont know anyone who will install someone else's equipment.