+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ContractSec Level III View Post
    Not sure about his state, but like I said before, our state allows us to use force to remove people from the property if they are causing a disturbance.
    We have the same ability to remove a trespasser on private property here in Florida. That refers to using physical force, such as; a hand on someone's elbow or if they fight back, then the Use of Force continuum comes into play. The point is that, according to the video, they were outside the gate. They were on the sidewalk. Did they actually prevent people from entering or exiting the property? Do you see where I'm going, yet?
    "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuard View Post
    I know TX has some interesting laws. I’m still confused about the whole commissioned security officer thing. Does TX allow injuring force, like hard-hand tactics, to remove people from property? Also do you have to make a report if using force to remove someone from property?

Just curious, and thanks in advance.
    Commissioned just means you can carry a firearm. We have to go by the use of force continuum on that one. We start with verbal commands, and then we can touch them, and match the force they put on use. Yes we have to make a report.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalguy View Post
    We have the same ability to remove a trespasser on private property here in Florida. That refers to using physical force, such as; a hand on someone's elbow or if they fight back, then the Use of Force continuum comes into play. The point is that, according to the video, they were outside the gate. They were on the sidewalk. Did they actually prevent people from entering or exiting the property? Do you see where I'm going, yet?
    Well one was standing on the sprinkler and blocking it, so that land is probably owned by the clinic. And he still had every right to remove that man from putting his foot on the sprinkler. Actually, they were actually preventing people from walking in and out, or at least harassing them.

And you STILL don't understand that using spray was not justified.

Well one was standing on the sprinkler and blocking it, so that land is probably owned by the clinic.
    Probably?
    And he still had every right to remove that man from putting his foot on the sprinkler.
    If the man was damaging the property or actually standing on the clinic property, you could use force to remove him. You don't start with pepper spray when someone isn't being violent with you. You walk up, advise them that the police have been called and that they will have to remove themselves from the clinic property. If they refuse, you can go hands on by applying a hand to an elbow. If they push or shove you in a resisting fashion then, you can pull your pepper spray and advise them that they WILL be sprayed if they continue to resist. That's moving up the Use of Force continuum.
    Actually, they were actually preventing people from walking in and out, or at least harassing them.
    Unless they were physically touching people while they were going in and out, that argument is moot. Verbal harassment, unless it's racial/hate speech, is protected. If it were any kind of racial/hate speech, you call the police for that. If they were physically assaulting people gong in and out, he should have sprayed them at the time, not waiting five or ten minutes. That's like having a neighbor threaten to pound your head in with a baseball bat while you're in your front yard. You wait ten minutes and the next time he walks by your property with nothing in his hands but, he taunts you, so you draw a firearm and shoot him. The judge is going to throw the book at you.
    "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.