+ Reply to Thread

Default Licensing requirements

Do security guards need to be legally certified to carry pepper spray, tasers, and batons if there are no laws in the states governing citizens possessing them? Couldn't I technically carry pepper spray as a civilian? If not what are the punishments for carrying them? And have any of you guys ever deployed a taser, pepper spray, or used your baton?

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeCop View Post
    Do security guards need to be legally certified to carry pepper spray, tasers, and batons if there are no laws in the states governing citizens possessing them? Couldn't I technically carry pepper spray as a civilian? If not what are the punishments for carrying them? And have any of you guys ever deployed a taser, pepper spray, or used your baton?
    I've deoloyed OC as well as a baton on a few occasions. In MA there really isn't any training or certification requirements to carry/use a baton. However if you maliciously use it as a civillian it can be abdw to wit blackjack.

All your questions have different answers depending on your your specific locality.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

Your state amy allow these tools but your company might not. Remember employers are responsible for the actions of their employees. Some don't want the risk, increased insurance costs.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.