+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Guard View Post
    I think its a formula - what you need and what skill level is required. While quality is more efficient, even the best S/O or LEO has limitations, which means you may need more eyes / bodies.
    Good points, too.
    "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Default Sales, Warranty and Service..

First off, it requires a full disclosure of the gig/job, Agent in Charge. I won't take on any squarrely gig without my team, proven men in the field, Sport Jackets, Navy blue polo's or BDU's. It is what it is. It depends on the Agent and company....

That we both have worked with each other before..

Pop pop
    Pop Pop - It reminds me of an old statement by my Master Sergeant. "A Good Run is better then a Bad Stand".

Sec Trainer- Pop Pop: Hope you don't mind if I quote your Master Sergeant. He was a very smart man.

Pop Pop- Yes Sir, Thank you Senior Instructor Sec Trainer, hope you don't mind if I place your quote into my Signature?

Sec Trainer- Permission granted, recruit. Now, police the company area!

flat out cool..

And then, we will take a second look see at the job, I've been a supervisior at bag check , bag search during a " Run For Your Lives Zombie Run" (25k) or Executive Protection in the same circles like McCarter Theatre the venue. entertainers

and principals. It's about, begins and and starts with the job, And we're not even talking transport.
    Pop Pop - It reminds me of an old statement by my Master Sergeant. "A Good Run is better then a Bad Stand".

Sec Trainer- Pop Pop: Hope you don't mind if I quote your Master Sergeant. He was a very smart man.

Pop Pop- Yes Sir, Thank you Senior Instructor Sec Trainer, hope you don't mind if I place your quote into my Signature?

Sec Trainer- Permission granted, recruit. Now, police the company area!

flat out cool..

Default Is Quantity Or Quality More Important?

This sort of sounds like deployment of Army soldiers. If you want a LOT of bodies, sent the Infantry. If you need the precision of a special unit, send in the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    This sort of sounds like deployment of Army soldiers. If you want a LOT of bodies, sent the Infantry. If you need the precision of a special unit, send in the Rangers.
    What about us guys who were in the United States Navy? Don't we count for anything?
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Quality, i miss my old team. The way the district was run a year ago, the staff i had at that point, i'd give anything to get that back. Constant issues with staff i can't discipline due to low staffing, a management team who will not answer or return my emails, texts or phone calls. Staff who feel they can act/speak/swear/raise their oice at their superiors becaise they know without them we cannot fill the shift.....we clearly sacrificed quality awhile ago without the quantity though.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

As Chairman Mao said, "Quantity has a Quality all its own".

Pretty deep, huh?

Being as 90+ % of Security is "deterrence" all go with Quantity, especially since the Bad Guys don't know you don't have 'quality'.

Cops and other 'pros' seem to actually rely more on 'quantity' and always call for back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    As Chairman Mao said, "Quantity has a Quality all its own".

Pretty deep, huh?

Being as 90+ % of Security is "deterrence" all go with Quantity, especially since the Bad Guys don't know you don't have 'quality'.

Cops and other 'pros' seem to actually rely more on 'quantity' and always call for back up.
    Depends on the kind of site you are talking about. At a concert or mall, yes, the more bodies the better. But I was talking about patrol of a downtown area open to the general public. There I think you would need both. A large amount of security guards for deterrence, and police who have quality and can take action.

The cities in question though, wanted to basically replace police with security. Which is fine of course, until something happens

Once again, squid is talking out of his fourth point of contact. Cops don't always call for back up. And function on quality at all times. Squid on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by vfc859 View Post
    Depends on the kind of site you are talking about. At a concert or mall, yes, the more bodies the better. But I was talking about patrol of a downtown area open to the general public. There I think you would need both. A large amount of security guards for deterrence, and police who have quality and can take action.

The cities in question though, wanted to basically replace police with security. Which is fine of course, until something happens
    I'd demand (and still do when I run events at venues) quality over quantity at concert halls and venue events. Last thign you want is one of your staff seriously hurting someone due to being ill trained or not trained at all. A well trained staff accompanied by a police detail is my standard when working events/shows.

As for patrol in a downtown area, you definitely need quality officers. Not just for safety reasons, but that person or persons will be representing your company with every action they take.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.