+ Reply to Thread

Default Brennan v. Dilmyl, Inc. dba Prestige Protection just settled 'no breaks' wage lawsuit

But I can't find any details, except that certain guards who worked for them are getting checks in the "50-$100" range.

"Brennan" also settled with these guys.

http://www2.cptgroup.com/FindClaims/...aseCASysID=811

Does this mean the 'guards don't get "breaks" because they are always kinda 'on break' and can take them whenever' got overturned???

Not quite sure, but at my site we work single officer shifts, so you take a 'break' when ya can. We're paid a full 8 hours but there are many days i dont get to take a lunch because we're so busy.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

I hope you are high paid. Where I'm at I've got about 10mins worth of 'work'(DAR) per 8 hour shift.

I'm 'on duty' right now trying to do online homework.

Got power, wifi, nice folding table, chair, snacks, coffee pot, PEACE AND QUIET GALORE, but this wind is killing me. Got get a van or something.
    Last edited by Squid; 07-31-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Underpaid IMO, due to the ammount of work expected of me as well as the managerial duties, thus my recent thread about being on the.job hunt...

Overnoghts (where i started out) were dead, little to zero customer traffic and 4 tours for the noght. 7-3 however is buay with what seema like every possible thing happening in those 8 hours.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

My Officers aren't alloted a break period either. But typically during the day, at least while I am here, we cover each other. At night my rovers pretty much have free reign and can take breaks as needed. I guess we are lucky at our site in that respect.