Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Curtis Baillie
    • Jul 2006

John Christman, CPP

I learned today that one of the giants in the field of retail loss prevention passed away unexpectedly today.

John Christman was one of the founders of the "6-steps" best practice used by virtually every retailer in the apprehension and detention of shoplifters. I was honored by John and Charles Sennewald when they included me in their publication, "Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention : An Encyclopedic Reference." John was also the co-author of "Shoplifting Managing the Problem" and numerous other publications.

Mr. Christman was the retired VP of Security for Macys West and started his security consulting company after his retirement. John was one of two people who encouraged and guided me when I started my own security consulting practice.

Those of you "Old Salts" that were part of and remember the NRF Loss Prevention (LPInformation) discussion forums will remember John simply as "Mr. C." He will be missed.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...