X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sec-guy
    • Aug 2008

Pawn robbery

Pawn robbery:

Suitland MD: A security officer on duty at a pawn shop just outside Washington DC shot and wounded a would-be robber during a gun battle inside a Suitland area pawn shop Tuesday afternoon, and police took into custody three men they say intended to hold up the store.

The spasm of violence at First Cash Pawn on Silver Hill Road began shortly before before 1:15 p.m., when two masked men, one of them carrying a handgun, walked into the store, police said. The man with the gun exchanged shots with a store security guard, and then he and the other man rushed to a getaway car with a third person inside, authorities said.

One of the would-be robbers was shot during the encounter, and the other two dropped him off at a nearby hospital, authorities said. But officers soon stopped that car and took the pair into custody, along with the man they left at the hospital, authorities said. Prince George's County police spokesman Nicole Hubbard said it was unclear how serious his wounds were.

Police did not immediately release the names of any of those involved or say what charges they are facing. Hubbard said the security officer was also taken to the hospital with injuries thought to be minor, and it was unclear if he was shot or injured in some other way.
  • tacticalguy
    • Nov 2008

Armed security DOES work.
    "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

• sec-guy
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by tacticalguy
      Armed security DOES work.
      I'm a believer....

Comment

• copelandamuffy
        • Sep 2006

When I first read this thread, I thought read as P*rn Robbery
        How interesting that would be
        What could be robbed in P*rn?

Either my eyes are getting weaker, or my mind is in the gutter
        Last edited by copelandamuffy; 05-02-2013, 09:58 PM.
        http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

• sec-guy
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
          When I first read this thread, I thought read as P*rn Robbery
          How interesting that would be
          What could be robbed in P*rn?

Either my eyes are getting weaker, or my mind is in the gutter
          A few weeks back I was telling a friend about a TV show from Detroit where the Security Manager
          in a PAWN shop was fired for stealing....he though I said "P#@n"; I actually in a NJ accent said "pawn"
          I don't think the word has to be added to the 7 words George Carlin (1972) says you cannot use on TV...
          Talking about eyes ; I recently had cataracts removed and new lenses before replacing my driver license (if I
          did not have the surgery I could not have passed with my glasses. Now I can see 20/20...but I need reading
          glasses. If you didn't want that "new blue chevy" you were talking about you might want to do the same...
          Last edited by sec-guy; 05-03-2013, 07:33 AM. Reason: more

Comment

• copelandamuffy
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sec-guy
            Talking about eyes ; I recently had cataracts removed and new lenses before replacing my driver license (if I
            did not have the surgery I could not have passed with my glasses. Now I can see 20/20...but I need reading
            glasses. If you didn't want that "new blue chevy" you were talking about you might want to do the same...

Sec-guy. My optometrists checks for cataracts every year
            Oh BTW: If your over 60 years old most optometrist discourage Lazar surgery to have 20/20
            Last edited by copelandamuffy; 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM.
            http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

• sec-guy
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
              Sec-guy. My optometrists checks for cataracts every year
              Oh BTW: If your over 60 years old most optometrist discourage Lazar surgery to have 20/20
              thanks for the info:
              I'm 72 AND 20/20

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...