Whats up with those mirrors in dressing rooms?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Squid
    Banned
    • May 2011

Whats up with those mirrors in dressing rooms?

Is their really some LP who gets to look at my grungy underwear as I wiggle my fat arse into a pair on cheap double knit slacks?

Do LP guys get to watch hot chicks strip down to thongs and model lingerie?

Can they video or photo people in dressing rooms?

Any of this regulated?

What about bathrooms, they say "no unpaid items in bathroom" but I've seen it a few times.
  • DCPSPDcop
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Squid
    Is their really some LP who gets to look at my grungy underwear as I wiggle my fat arse into a pair on cheap double knit slacks?

Do LP guys get to watch hot chicks strip down to thongs and model lingerie?

Can they video or photo people in dressing rooms?

Any of this regulated?

What about bathrooms, they say "no unpaid items in bathroom" but I've seen it a few times.
    You have a reasonable expectation of privacy in a dressing room and inside a stall of a multi-person restroom (elsewhere in the restroom is open game, due to previous court rulings).

Comment

• capurato
      • Mar 2011

I think LP should be able to observe.

Comment

• Squid
        Banned
        • May 2011

So are those One Way mirrors, or not?

I noticed they are always mounted to a 'blind' wall with a room on the other side, never to 'thin' outside wall or partition.

You telling me it would be some company-destroying major violation if they were in fact "one way" and watching the girlies undress???

I'm pretty sure at some point that existed, was there some big case I never heard about?

Isn't "reasonable expectation of privacy" one of those things that ONLY matters if it matters in a court case?

Like maybe LP could see you in the dressing room stashing the stuff, then stop you, find the stuff, and just not use the DR as their reason.....say something like "we saw him take item into room and it wasn't there when he left and we saw a bulge in his shirt that wasn't there when he walked in to the DR".

Comment

• zm88
          • Nov 2008

LP includes the retail workers effectively doing their job. Tags, hangars, clothing etc removed from dressing room areas. There are methods of monitoring dressing rooms but for obvious reasons i wont disclose them on a public forum
          Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

• KeithSDavid
            • Nov 2011

Well said ZM88, to answer your question Squid. No one should be able to peer or see into a dressing room to look at it's occupants and the same goes for restrooms.

Now as ZM88 said, if the store as a top notch LP program, there are ways to monitor the activity in a dressing room (which in theory can also be readily adapted to restrooms). If said procedures are in place and properly acted out, it can be rather hard for a shoplifter to boost an item from a dressing room or rest room area. One such procedure which isn't really a secret is to have a dressing room attendent. The attendent conducts regular housekeeping of the dressing room as well as ensures unselected items return to the rack for other shoppers to purchase. So yes evidence can be submitted of shoplifting or other illegal activity in the dressing if the evidence was collected properly.
            "Let Justice Be Done, Though Heaven Should Fall" - Camp Sather, BIAP, Iraq
            "This We Do...So That Others May Live"
            "Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Agus beart de réir ár mbriathar" - Irish Army Ranger Wing

Comment

• HotelSecurity
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by KeithSDavid
              Well said ZM88, to answer your question Squid. No one should be able to peer or see into a dressing room to look at it's occupants and the same goes for restrooms.

Now as ZM88 said, if the store as a top notch LP program, there are ways to monitor the activity in a dressing room (which in theory can also be readily adapted to restrooms). If said procedures are in place and properly acted out, it can be rather hard for a shoplifter to boost an item from a dressing room or rest room area. One such procedure which isn't really a secret is to have a dressing room attendent. The attendent conducts regular housekeeping of the dressing room as well as ensures unselected items return to the rack for other shoppers to purchase. So yes evidence can be submitted of shoplifting or other illegal activity in the dressing if the evidence was collected properly.
              It might be different here but cameras in washrooms ARE allowed. They can not look into the stalls or towards the urinalsbut they can face the door, sinks etc.
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• LARMGUY
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Squid
                So are those Two Way mirrors, or not?

I noticed they are always mounted to a 'blind' wall with a room on the other side, never to 'thin' outside wall or partition.

You telling me it would be some company-destroying major violation if they were in fact "Two way" and watching the girlies undress???

I'm pretty sure at some point that existed, was there some big case I never heard about?

Isn't "reasonable expectation of privacy" one of those things that ONLY matters if it matters in a court case?

Like maybe LP could see you in the dressing room stashing the stuff, then stop you, find the stuff, and just not use the DR as their reason.....say something like "we saw him take item into room and it wasn't there when he left and we saw a bulge in his shirt that wasn't there when he walked in to the DR".
                Fixed it for you.
                I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...