Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • royal7578
    • Jul 2012

DSC Impassa model 9057 with cell radio

I installed a DSC Impassa model 9057 with a GS2055 cell radio unit for communications to the central station. There is a ATT microcell unit also installed in the house. The ATT microcell unit allows the homeowner to use their ATT cell phones inside the house. Apparently the ATT microcell unit is interfering with the DSC control panel, preventing it from connecting through the external cell tower to the central station. When I switch off the ATT microcell unit, the DSC control panel can communicate with central station. I've contacted ATT and DSC but no one has offered a solution. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks.
  • CameraMan
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by royal7578
    I installed a DSC Impassa model 9057 with a GS2055 cell radio unit for communications to the central station. There is a ATT microcell unit also installed in the house. The ATT microcell unit allows the homeowner to use their ATT cell phones inside the house. Apparently the ATT microcell unit is interfering with the DSC control panel, preventing it from connecting through the external cell tower to the central station. When I switch off the ATT microcell unit, the DSC control panel can communicate with central station. I've contacted ATT and DSC but no one has offered a solution. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks.
    I don't think there is one. They are both competing for the same frequency, and the Microcell has way more power flowing through it, meaning it will always win. It could be worse- if the alarm transmitter was a bit higher powered, they'd both interfere with each other.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...