+ Reply to Thread

Default Wal Mart shoplifting craziness

Walmart most likely catches the most shoplifters of any retailer in the US, yet they have the worst LP policies in the business.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Wo...rt-3618977.php

WM does not allow bag checks or searches. My advice to WM LP is to find a new job fast before you get hurt or killed.

Having been involved in Walmart litigation I can tell you they have strong polices and procedures when it comes to the detection and apprehension of shoplifters. In my opinion the problem is the enforcement of those policies and procedures at regional, district and store levels.

Fair enough. That sounds like it is the problem.

Bag searches and pat downs should be required unless prohibited by law.

Training and enforcement may be the downside. Is it fair to say WM catches the most shoplifters of any company, thus the reason we hear all the stories?

Here's what I used to tell rookie police officers - every crime that happens in the big city happens in the small city. just not as often. The same can be said for retailers. The reason you hear about so many instances is they are a huge global company and naturally they tend to catch more shoplifters.

I would suggest that any case of a shoplifter's death will make the headlines, no matter of the size of a company. Then there's the fact that the news media goes out of their way to find stories that will show WM in a negative light. Not defending them, but just giving my insight.

Add to the wash, their LP employes/ex-employees plaster shoplifter apprehension videos all over the internet doesn't help their case.

I'm noticing a pattern here with Walmart!
    Last edited by AP716; 06-09-2012 at 12:55 AM.