From last week Tuesday there was a nation wide mini taxi strike in South Africa.
Some of their demands were as follows:
• All tickets issued had to be in IsiZuku.
• All current warrants had to be cancelled.
• No white or Indian traffic officers are allowed to give them tickets. ( They are harder to bribe than African traffic officers)
• Taxis are only allowed to be towed if there is a sign indicating so.
• Taxis can stop anywhere they want to, to pick up or drop off passengers.
• No Taxi is allowed to be stopped during peak hour by a traffic officer (Metro Police).
There is another news article which I am trying to find that says:
• Taxi drivers should not have to go for their learners licence first because some of them can’t read; they should only have to go for their licence.
• No unroadworthy Taxi is allowed to be confiscated.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Mini taxi Strike In South Africa
05-22-2012, 02:34 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Mini taxi Strike In South Africa