When you start DIY Your home security, there are some terms of the alarm systems you should know. The home security alarm system is designed smarter and intelligent. But at the same time, it showed too sophistical for home owners, end-users to DIY.
1. What is entry time & leaving time?
Entry time: It is alarm delay time. Arm the alarm system, and when it is triggered, it will send alarm out after the entry time set. That would enable people to disarm when miss trigger occurred.
Leaving time: It is arm delay time. Arm the alarm systems, and it will start to arm after leaving time set. That will enable people to leave home after house is armed.
2. What is at home arm/disarm and away home arm/disarm
At home arm/disarm: You can set some defense zones into one group, and use remote controller to arm/disarm with one click to set all. For example, you can set 1st floor, outdoor detectors armed but 2nd floor disarmed when you are at home.
Away home arm/disarm: You can set some defense zones into one group and use remote controller to arm/disarm with one click to set all. For example, you can set all floors armed when you are away home.
3. What is defense zones attribution?
The zones attribution include:
1. zone disabled. The alarm panel will not accept any information from this zone.
2. Burglar zones. The zones will be arm/disarmed etc. controlled via alarm panel. Alarm information will be burglar alarm.
3. Medical help: The zones will not be arm/disarmed controlled via alarm panel but 24 hours armed. Alarm information sent will be medical help alarm.
4. Fire alarm zone: The zones will not be arm/disarm controlled via alarm panel but 24 hours armed. Alarm information sent will be fire alarm.
5. Emergency zones: The zones will not be arm/disarm controlled via alarm panel but 24 hours armed. Alarm information sent will be emergency alarm.
6. Gas leakage zones: The zones will not be arm/disarm controlled via alarm panel but 24 hours armed. Alarm information sent will be gas leakage alarm.
7. Door bell zones: The zones will not be arm/disarmed controlled via alarm panel. But only door bell sound will be sent on-site. It will not dial out.
4. Telephone attribution:
Telephone attribution include:
1. Telephone disabled. The system will not dial this telephone when alarm.
2. Voice format: Voice alarm information will be sent when alarm.
3. CID format: CID alarm information will be sent when alarm.
4. Arm Center: Only dial when system is armed.
5. Disarm Center: Only dial when system is disarmed.
6. Low power: Only dial when alarm panel is with low power or AC power off.
5. Setting dialing times:
It is to set the most times of alarm dialing when alarm information is not dealt with.
If the user answered the call and disarmed the system, it will not dial any other telephones.
If the user answered the call and did not disarm the system but other operation, it will not dial this telephone but dial other telephones.
6. Setting ringing times of remote controlling:
You can set the ringing times to accept remote controlling such as arm/disarm, listening etc. via telephone or mobile.
7. Breaking into alarm function:
Breaking into alarm means when telephone line is occupied by telephone extension, the system will break into dial alarm and recover then.
8. Smart defense zones:
It is set to avoid false alarms. When the zones is set as smart zones, the system will not send alarm immediately, but wait till other status occurs in preset time.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
05-14-2012, 11:30 PM #1
The meaning of some terms of alarm installation
05-30-2012, 04:40 AM #2Junior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
cannot understand this article.SBCS
10-26-2012, 08:59 AM #3Junior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
Installation of security alarm system is most crucial thing. A poor installation of security system can convert into headache so it is important to have a proper installation because when you invest certain amount on security systems. These systems are for our comfort and security not should become a cause of headache.