+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Had a heart attack Friday, and is now diabetic...

Yup, my life sucks, but thanks to the missus I'm still alive...

Got 3 stents put in on Sun, went home on Tues, whole new thing I gotta get used to now... Sux...
    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Holy carp! Glad you're still with us... kudos to the wife for making that happen. Take it easy, get some rest... sounds like you seriously need it!
    "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

Take care of yourself. Are you type 1 or 2? (Injections or pills?)
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

Get well and stay with us, flashlight. We need good people in this world.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
    - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
    — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Flashlight: We need you. Your probably the only sane, and normal person in Vermont. We need people like you to counter all those Hippies who moved to Burlington in the 1960's. Vermont. Home of Bernie Sanders. Yikes
    Stay well do what the Good Doctor says.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

glad your still with us, take it easy and take care of yoyrself
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Thanks guys...

Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum...

I called it a mini heart attack, my Wife said there's no such thing so she said I WAS going to the ER...

So I got 3 medicine coated stents installed, and on top of sticking my finger 3-4 times a day I get to take insulin shots, and I'm also on 2 different blood pressure meds, a blood thinner, and a cholesterol med. Still, I take half the meds my Wife takes for her diabetes, HBP, and MS...

Don't get me started on diet, that is another story entirely; I spent 10 minutes alone grocery shopping comparing sodium, calorie, cholesterol, and carbohydrate amounts between brand name shake and bake, plain bread crumbs, generic shake and bake, and panko bread crumbs...

Curtis, you're likely correct about having diabetes prior to this; last time I went to a Sawbones before this was 2005, and at that point I had not been diagnosed as diabetic.

Been out of work since last weekend and looking to getting back, but my Dr. is concerned since one of my sites requires me to walk up and down 5 floors (85-90 stairs) several times during a shift when I'm the only one there...
    Last edited by flashlightcop509; 05-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Quote Originally Posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
    Thanks guys...

Curtis, you're likely correct about having diabetes prior to this; last time I went to a Sawbones before this was 2005, and at that point I had not been diagnosed as diabetic.
    Normally if they are starting you out on insulin that means you're to advanced for pill forms of medication. It's my opinion that diabetes is more easily controlled with insulin.

Yeah, but... I hate needles...

Or, at least the needles that hurt...