05-08-2012, 05:47 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
Senior Director Global Corporate Security, Racine, WI, SC Johnson & Son
REPORTING TO: Chief Financial Officer
Our client is SC Johnson & Son, one of the world’s most recognized and respected consumer packaged goods companies. Headquartered in Racine, Wisconsin, the Company is 124 years old and operates in more than 70 countries, employing approximately 13,000 people. It has achieved a place in the CPG hall of fame with some of the most innovative and recognized household brands in the market. Examples of SC Johnson brands include Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®. As the Company has grown, it has established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility and community leadership. SC Johnson has earned a consistent reputation as one of the best companies to work for as a working mother and offers employees a number of benefits that make SC Johnson an employer of choice.
This is the senior most security executive in the organization. The incumbent serves as the executive accountable for the identification, development, implementation, and management of the organization’s global security strategies and programs. This position is business driven while being responsible for providing leadership to the corporate security function; developing and implementing programs to ensure employee safety and security as well as protection of assets.
• In cooperation with the executive committee, directs the development of an effective strategy to assess and mitigate security related risks, manage crises and incidents, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the organization.
• Directs staff and external resources in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices, and policies throughout the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in all areas of information, financial, physical, personal, and reputational risk.
• Researches and deploys state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard the organization’s assets, including intellectual property and trade secrets. Establishes appropriate standards and associated risk controls.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with the appropriate levels of law enforcement, intelligence, international security agencies, and private sector counterparts worldwide.
• Through subordinate managers and/or contractors, coordinates and implements site security, operations, and activities to ensure protection of executives, managers, employees, customers, stakeholders, visitors, etc., as well as all physical and information assets.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an USDE recognized college or university. A Master’s degree in a business discipline would be a plus.
• 15 + years of experience in a significant security leadership role with a major global private sector organization. This may be combined with major national government organization.
• Work experience in a consumer packaged goods company is a plus.
• Effective communications and presentation skills across a wide range of both domestic and international audiences.
• Proven executive leadership and management effectiveness.
• Willingness and ability to travel globally as needed and at times, with little notice required.
Interested qualified candidates must submit their resumes via the position posting on the SMR website at: http://www.smrgroup.com/SMR-Jobs.htm