Should your company have the right to check on you, at home?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SecTrainer
    • Nov 2006

Cope and CM: Kindly go back to my post. I said we had *different* ideas about work ethic. Right? Right.

And I believe I'm entitled to have a different idea than yours, right? Right.

So, unless this is get-your-panties-in-a-twist-day and I wasn't told about it, chill - both of you.

And get that caps lock key fixed, Cope. Replacement keyboards are cheap enough, even if your employer should decide that your reasons for an extended absence were bogus and you find yourself on unemployment. Besides, the wife and kids didn't throw their employer under the bus - just you (in your hypothetical statement of how you would handle the OP's situation), so you can borrow the money from them.

And that's something you can respond to in

CAPS AND TRIPLE-SIZED LETTERS

...but it won't change MY opinion. As I said, stuff happens in life, and that's when we find out who "gits 'er done" and who doesn't.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 05-10-2012, 10:51 AM.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

• CameraMan
      • Sep 2007

Meh. The concept of a work ethic is outdated, like the concept of job security.
      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

• HotelSecurity
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by copelandamuffy
        LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING I HAVE NEVER THROWN MY EMPLOYER UNDER THE BUS. I HAVE NEVER BURDEN MY EMPLOYER

I HAVE "JUST GIT 'ER DONE"

I AM A RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYEE

JULY OF 2012, I WILL MARK # 8 THE NUMBER OF YEARS I HAVE BEEN AT MY POST AS A SITE SUPERVISOR
        YOU AND YOUR MONTREAL BUDDY WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY DAYS I HAVE HAD OFF EXCLUDING THE DEATH OF
        MY MOTHER, MY FARTHER, EARNED VACATIONS, HOSPITAL OPERATIONS? PROBABLE ONE TO TWO DAYS
        YOU AND HS KNOCK OFF THIS CRAP ABOUT MY WORK ETHICS!!!!!!!!! TO HS' CREDIT HE HAS.

DID I HEAR YOU SAY SHOW UP WHEN IT IS EASY??????? JANUARY 2005, A WEEEK OF WORKING 12 HOUR SHIFTS, OR 84 HOURS.
        WORKING 0600-1800.
        I HAVE LOST TRACK HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE RODE OUT SNOW STORMS. 30 HOURS OF NON STOP WORKING.
        WORKING WACKO HOURS OF 1400 SATURDAY-0600 SUNDAY. NO FUN.

TROPICAL STORM IRENE. SHOWED UP AT MY POST ON MY DAY OFF MAKING SURE THE POST AND SITE IS ALL WELL

I HAVE NOTHING BUT PRAISE AND "ATTA BOY" FROM MY SUPERVISORS FROM HOUSTON TO BOSTON

FRIDAY MAY 23 MY WIFE AND I ARE HAVING OUR HOME UPGRADED FOR INSULATION FROM THE ATTIC
        TO THE BASEMENT. TAKING THE DAY OFF BUT GUESS WHAT. I MAKE UP FOR BY SWITCHING DAYS WITH
        ANOTHER SECURITY OFFICER

AND TAKE THIS TO THE BANK. I AM ALLOWED 3 DAYS OFF WITH SALARY FOR DEATH OF A LOVED ONE
        WHEN MY WIFE'S DAD PASSED AWAY, I TOOK ONE DAY OFF FOR THE FUNERAL.
        MY DAD ONE DAY OFF. DON'T MISS READ THIS. I WAS WITH MY FAMILY AND MY WIFE DURING
        THESE TIMES

YOUR EMPLOYER AND YOU DRIVE BY MY HOME NUMEROUS TIMES? ONE CALL TO MY LOCAL
        PD AND YOU CAN EXPLAIN TO OFFICER BECKY AND TELL HER WHY?

NEVER, NEVER CHALLANGE MY WORK ETHICS. NEVER

YES I DO BACK SUPPORT YOUR VIEWS OF A CHECK UP OF BY AN EMPLOYER OF " WHY SAM JONES IS TAKING SO MANY DAYS OFF" BUT NOT TO GOOD WORKERS.
        From your many posts I know for a fact you have an excellent work ethic. You yourself say above that you have worked when others wouldn't have. That's why I'm surprised that you would support someone taking time off of work when it was not absoultly necessary.

Know what else surprises me? He is on my ignore list so I don't se his posts but it appears ST agrees with ME on this subject?!!
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• copelandamuffy
          • Sep 2006

i am done with this thread. i know who/whom i am. i am not perfect. but my mom and dad were proud of me
          my wife loves me. my kids love me. my grand daughter loves me. my cats love me. my brother loves me.my bosses likes me. my guys and gals who work for me
          like me

i hope God loves me.

i don't have to answer to anyone, but the above.

and st i am writing on the smallest lettesr possible on this Gateway/Best Buy computer
          http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

• CameraMan
            • Sep 2007

i am done with this thread. i know who/whom i am. i am not perfect. but my mom and dad were proud of me
            my wife loves me. my kids love me. my grand daughter loves me. my cats love me. my brother loves me.my bosses likes me. my guys and gals who work for me
            like me

i hope God loves me.

and st i am writing on the smallest lettesr possible on this Gateway/Best Buy computer
            I, on the other hand, just like you as a friend.
            The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

• copelandamuffy
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CameraMan
              I, on the other hand, just like you as a friend.
              WOW! Camerman, I am not having a good day. You just made my day better. Thank you.
              http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

• Curtis Baillie
                • Jul 2006

I guess we're just Gateway mini-notebook buds!
                Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

• HotelSecurity
                  • Mar 2006

like me

i hope God loves me.

I love you. Your president even approves (Why do I hear the sound of a can of worms being opened?)
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• TOII
                    • Jun 2011

Our mistake of a president and hopefully soon to be EX-president is a sham. I just think it is funny that he is gonna have his party in North Carolina this summer...They already don't like him and now he is kicking them in the teeth.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...