+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

You have actually made quite a few. Too many of them, not enough french speakers, costs too much...and then now comparing them to non violent protests.

MLK and the civil rights protests were right on the money. The Vietnam ones not so much. And yes, I would have loved to see those ashhats that were spitting on our returning soldiers hauled off in cuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TOII View Post
    You have actually made quite a few. Too many of them, not enough french speakers, costs too much...and then now comparing them to non violent protests.

MLK and the civil rights protests were right on the money. The Vietnam ones not so much. And yes, I would have loved to see those ashhats that were spitting on our returning soldiers hauled off in cuffs.
    The one that spit on me at O'Hare in 1968 needed medical attention.

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

Although you did not agree with the anti-war protests, I'm sure you agreed with people's right to protest. This is my view of the student protests. I think the RIGHT should have restriction. (No masks, maybe even a area set up like in a park that the demonstrators would have to stay in).

BYW we need a "like" button on this forum so I could again like Curtis's post.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

Giving logical reasons why 7000 people can not be arrested at the same time is not supporting their cause. It's logic.

So now it is seven thousand and no longer two thousand...mk, still doesn't matter. One never ends up arresting everybody, one takes whom one can. THIS is common sense. Not making excuses as to why it can't be done.

So now it is seven thousand and no longer two thousand...mk, still doesn't matter. One never ends up arresting everybody, one takes whom one can. THIS is common sense. Not making excuses as to why it can't be done.
    Tonight is the 9th night of the marches. The attendance has ranged from 2000 to 7000 per night depending on things like the weather.

Yesterday we had 2 marches. A May Day one in the afternoon where the students joined the union workers & unemployed & the "regullary scheduled" one by the students at night. At the May Day march, which attracted more anarchists 108 people were arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Tonight is the 9th night of the marches. The attendance has ranged from 2000 to 7000 per night depending on things like the weather.

Yesterday we had 2 marches. A May Day one in the afternoon where the students joined the union workers & unemployed & the "regullary scheduled" one by the students at night. At the May Day march, which attracted more anarchists 108 people were arrested.
    Gotta love the May day marches....hmmm not (not saying that you do). Yeah, masks at protests should be and I believe are illegal in some places. So is not having a permit for a march or demonstration. Permits dictate quite a lot about what, where and when. I do not care one way or another about a peaceful protest that follows the rules, But the one you are dealing with has long since ceased to be that.

Gotta love the May day marches....hmmm not (not saying that you do). Yeah, masks at protests should be and I believe are illegal in some places. So is not having a permit for a march or demonstration. Permits dictate quite a lot about what, where and when. I do not care one way or another about a peaceful protest that follows the rules, But the one you are dealing with has long since ceased to be that.
    Here the police are delcaring the marches illegal when criminal acts are done. Once in a while they will declare it illegal when municipal bylaws are being broken, but rarely. Once they delare it illegal they make "targeted arrests", arresting those who committed the crime. They then allow the marches to continue. I don't agree with this. Once it has been declared illegal, it's illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Here the police are delcaring the marches illegal when criminal acts are done. Once in a while they will declare it illegal when municipal bylaws are being broken, but rarely. Once they delare it illegal they make "targeted arrests", arresting those who committed the crime. They then allow the marches to continue. I don't agree with this. Once it has been declared illegal, it's illegal!
    Exactly, at that point they are all committing a crime by remaining. Why bother declaring it an illegal assembly if you are going to allow it to continue?

Exactly, at that point they are all committing a crime by remaining. Why bother declaring it an illegal assembly if you are going to allow it to continue?
    I don't understand that police tactic either.

Thursday's night march was interesting. The students decided to draw more attention to themseves so they said they would march nude. On 2nd thought they changed it to "nearly nude" so thye wouldn't be arrested. Got to admit, they're dedicated. It was about 50F last nifght during the march.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...894/story.html

I think I see Cope in the background of the photo.