+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Cope in Quebec we recently had a Cardiologist kill his 2 young children because his wife was leaving him. His lawyer had him found not guilty of murder due to insanity. He is now in the mental hospital but looks like he might get out soon because the doctors have decided he is no oonger insane. So yes we do have the same situations but what is your solution? Street justice? No trials? Trials with no laywers? Are you serious? This from a man who from reading your posts would give up his life protecting your constitution. Does it not say something about everyone getting a fair trial?
    What's the old saying? There is no JUstice in the Halls of Justice, Just Justice out in the Halls

About two years ago I was on Jury Duty. At or about 0730 hours the lawyers in their suits
    and dresses gather outside the court house. They probably can sense I and others are jurors
    They are not permitted to talk with Jurors But there were more lawyers than in the court house than
    jurors and those standing trail

Better than me spouting my views what should we do with the Cardiogoist who killed his kids?
    Do you think he should go free, get marrie, have kids, murder those kids?

The yellow pages of any metropolitan city. The largest listing? Not Car dealers, Not Real Estate. Not Pizza resturantt. LAWYERS

We are all aware of obsene lawsuits. In my neighborhood about 20 years ago there was a man who
    was cleaning out his gutters full of leaves. He took his ladder and laid it against the gutters.
    Ladder was placed close to the power line going into his home. He was on the ladder.
    Ladder slipped being in soft ground. Long story, short story, His wife sued the manufacture of the ladder and the local power company. I never knew the outcome of the trail, but the local power company hired a lawyer, as well as the manufacture of the ladder. Any one with an ounce of brains would know not to have the ladder parked so close to the power lines

Who do you think the power company and ladder manufacture are going to roll on the cost of their lawyers?
    YOU!!!

In our business. Allied Barton. Securitas, US Security Associates have lawyers who have defend the companies
    from employees who have been terninated and run to a lawyer when they are fired

Employee may be late 2-3 times a week. He misses his clock rounds. He is sleeping on the job, but God forbid
    you terminate him, he will sue
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 04-14-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

But what is the solution? According to your constitution a person is innocient until proven guilt & a person is entitled to a fair trial. If you do away with all defense lawyers how does this take place?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    But what is the solution? According to your constitution a person is innocient until proven guilt & a person is entitled to a fair trial. If you do away with all defense lawyers how does this take place?
    There is no solution, except these never ending lawsuits. HS: Could you honestly sue the power company and ladder manufacture for the negelgence of the person on ladder and no common sense of placing a ladder near a power line?
    Comnon sense tells would tell you not to do this

I have no doubt you have had to terminate someone at your hotel. Stealing, no show over and over, poor performance on the job. not a team player. I am sure you spoke with some in authority at work I wouild bet maybe legal counsel was sought.

Could you as a lawyer stand in a court room and defend the creep who killed his kids?
    My beef is the Trail Lawyers we are zonked with.

Many homeowners I know have what is called Umbrella Insurance. You can protect your home for up to
    $ 5 million dollars

In a nearby community a lawsuit against the homeowner. Here is the kicker. Lawsuit was by somone
    who broke into a home in the middle of the night. He was in the basement and tripped over a kid's bike
    He sued the homeowner for a broken knee. HS you cannot make this up. If you were his lawyer could
    you defend this person?
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

In Canada we do not have as many civil lawsuits as you do in the US & in the ones we do have the awards are not nearly as large. So keeping the civil side out of it, what about the criminal side. How does an accused get a defense if there were no lawyers?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.