+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    676

    Default Shooting in New Hampshire

    This is in a small town very near to me.



    http://news.yahoo.com/chief-nearing-retirement-killed-nh-drug-bust-054117260.html


    "GREENLAND, N.H. (AP) — A man opened fire on police during a drug bust Thursday night, killing a New Hampshire police chief just days from retirement and injuring four officers from other departments. Early Friday, the shooter remained holed up in the home with a woman, police said."



    Listening to a local online radio/dispatch archive, it sounds as if at least 6 officers were on initial approach to the house to search a search warrant when someone inside opened up on them with a high-powered semi-auto weapon. Three officers dropped almost immediately and two more were brought down while scrambling for cover; I could hear the repeated pops from the continuing shots as the survivors were desperately calling for aid.

    The story is still happening as I type; the house is currently surrounded by SWAT teams and there is active negotiation with a male and female inside (approx 5AM EDT).

    Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Police Chief Michael Maloney and the 4 detectives who were injured. Chief Maloney was 8 days from retirement.
    "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

    "The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    i was watching this before i went in to work, any news on the officers who were hit amd the chief? alao if the team made entry and fpund the guy?
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Update: a SWAT robot made entry into the home after negotiations failed and found 2 bodies, the suspected shooter and a female acquaintance of his. Whether it was a double-suicide or a murder-suicide hasn't been determined yet.

    NH Attorney General Michael Delaney has released information about the officers who were injured:
    • Detective Gregory Turner of the Dover Police Department was treated and released for a gunshot wound to the shoulder.
    • Detective Eric Kulberg of the University of New Hampshire Police Department was treated and released for a gunshot wound to the arm.
    • Detective Scott Kukesh of the Newmarket Police Department is in the ICU with a gunshot wound to the chest and is awaiting surgery.
    • Detective Jeremiah Murphy of the Rochester Police Department is in the ICU after surgery for a gunshot wound to chest.
    • Chief Michael Maloney of the Greenland Police Department was shot and killed in the initial exchange of gunfire.
    I worked a couple of cases with Detective Murphy several years ago. I was impressed by his professionalism and compassion, and he had a great sense of humor. He left me with a very positive impression of Rochester PD.
    "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

    "The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North of Miami
    Posts
    3,406

    Default

    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...ome&position=1

    The suspect is dead! GOOD! The taxpayers of New Hampshire have been saved
    countless of dollars of courtroom costs by his slime ball lawyer, and having to feed
    and cloth, and house this piece of crap!

    My condoloences to the Police Chief's family and the Men and Women of New Hampshire's
    law enforment community
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    A tragic day in Greenland. And it sounds as if Greenland PD has a rough time ahead: five officers, including the Chief, down... out of seven-person department.

    That's a pretty rough casualty count by anyone's standard.

    It's been a hard 24 hours on law enforcement all over: Stanislaus County, CA, had a deputy killed serving an eviction notice last night. For those not familiar with the area, that's (ostensibly) tourist country: ski areas and Gold Rush-era villages.

    RIP to the fallen; full and rapid healing to the injured.
    "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Thoughts and prayers to all officers families. It's been rough for New England area Law Enforcement lately. Just had a Trooper shot in Chicopee
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northfield, Vermont
    Posts
    752

    Default

    My condolences to the families of Chief Maloney and the injured Officers; changed my avatar in memoriam...

    I'm wondering about the female that was found dead with the suspect, what her involvement may have been if other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time...
    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copelandamuffy View Post
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...ome&position=1

    The suspect is dead! GOOD! The taxpayers of New Hampshire have been saved
    countless of dollars of courtroom costs by his slime ball lawyer, and having to feed
    and cloth, and house this piece of crap!

    My condoloences to the Police Chief's family and the Men and Women of New Hampshire's
    law enforment community
    My condolences to all involved. I too am glad the suspect is dead. However I do not agree with you calling his lawyer a slime ball. Did I miss something? Was there something written about him. Do you know him or was that comment just a generalization about all defense lawyers? Defense lawyers are part of the system. Do you have a better one?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North of Miami
    Posts
    3,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    My condolences to all involved. I too am glad the suspect is dead. However I do not agree with you calling his lawyer a slime ball. Did I miss something? Was there something written about him. Do you know him or was that comment just a generalization about all defense lawyers? Defense lawyers are part of the system. Do you have a better one?

    Take a squiint at this story



    http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...level-20120405

    HS; How can any good decent person defend the creeps who murdered and raped a 10 year old boy?
    I don't get it. Let's suppose the person who shot and killed this poilce officer was captured alive
    Beyond a shawdow of doubt the person hold up at Post Road killed this Police Officer
    Can you honestly tell me bravo to the lawyer

    I have no doubt in Monreal there has been some brutal murders
    Without a doubt the person who did this is gulity
    And yet his lawyer does some Voo Doo Magic, and he is set free
    Sickening.
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 04-13-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copelandamuffy View Post
    Take a squiint at this story



    http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...level-20120405

    HS; How can any good decent person defend the creeps who murdered and raped a 10 year old boy?
    I don't get it. Let's suppose the person who shot and killed this poilce officer was captured alive
    Beyond a shawdow of doubt the person hold up at Post Road killed this Police Officer
    Can you honestly tell me bravo to the lawyer

    I have no doubt in Monreal there has been some brutal murders
    Without a doubt the person who did this is gulity
    And yet his lawyer does some Voo Doo Magic, and he is set free
    Sickening.
    Cope in Quebec we recently had a Cardiologist kill his 2 young children because his wife was leaving him. His lawyer had him found not guilty of murder due to insanity. He is now in the mental hospital but looks like he might get out soon because the doctors have decided he is no oonger insane. So yes we do have the same situations but what is your solution? Street justice? No trials? Trials with no laywers? Are you serious? This from a man who from reading your posts would give up his life protecting your constitution. Does it not say something about everyone getting a fair trial?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts