Default Mobile Patrol & Alarm Response

Anyone up here doing Mobile Patrols & Alarm Response?

Quote Originally Posted by macguard View Post
    My company does mobile patrols, but does not have any alarm response.
    G. Nash

I've done subcontracted unarmed alarm response from April of 2010 until this February for a smaller security company I came accross on Craigslist. I am still officially on alarms for them but we may have lost the account due to certain issues that came about with the contracting company (politics). On the average I'm usually dispatched to 20 drops per month but I only had four in February and two in my area in March which I was unable to handle. I am paid per alarm drop and get a lump sum paycheck cut every few months due to the alarm company unable to pay us on time.

This job can be quite a nuissance when you have to be at work in the morning and you get four drops between 3 and 7 a.m. I use my own car and gas but get the mileage comped. This is only a side job for supplemental income which I was compelled to pick up due to a lack of hours I was experiencing at the time. I had to actually keep this job a secret from my old company due to a non-compete clause but my present primary employer, a national guard outfit, knows of it and takes no issue with it. I chose to stick with the alarm response company to this day in spite of getting more than enough hours because I made a commitment to them and don't want to put them in a tight spot.

The only conflict of interest that can really occur is when I'm tied up at a post for my primary employer and am dispatched before I'm able to leave the post. If an actual break-in occurs, this is not good. This actually happened one time; the client was super-pissed but I was the most timely response they had on hand.
    Last edited by The Enforcer; 03-25-2012 at 12:29 AM.

I started doing Stationary Post and soon Special Events.
    Getting trained to do Mobile Patrols & Alarm Response with the company Truck Ford Ranger 4x4,
    and company issued gears & uniforms, Once I get approved as a driver by the Insurance Company.

Mid Size Local Company that has 20% growth each year. Not too shabby lots of hours. No BS or anything.

Its unarmed. Only but you can carry tasers,baton,handcuffs as long as your certified.

Pretty good pay and decent management.

Quote Originally Posted by macguard View Post

Up here?

I do patrols and alarm response is a normal component of those duties
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

My first security job was with the Municiple Utility District in Sacramento. The district contracted the company that I worked for. There were 17 or so electric substations that were alarmed. Our duties included responding to those alarms and patrolling company properties. This was done while unarmed and we had specific training on what to do if we found an intruder.