Default New Retail Theft Target

TIDE detergent:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/03...ide-theft-1-4/

The world of the black market is a strange place, no?
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-13-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    A man who will not lie to his wife has no regard for her feelings. - Anon.

My school was so tough we had our own coroner. - Lenny Bruce

In my neighborhood, you could walk 10 blocks in any direction and never leave the scene of a crime. - Charlie Callas

I think since NASCAR used Tide to cleanup the track, during a recent race, as a result of the collision with a jet dryer (spilling a full load of jet fuel) along with Tides commercial advertising the wreck - theft of the product will only increase. I'll use the product this spring, when I clean my garage floor.

Ah, the continuously evolving world of Organized Retail Crime. And as soon as someone figures out a quick-n-dirty spider-web type thing for Tide bottles, they'll move on to something else. Like Dawn. Or maybe Febreeze.

They came for our razors, so we locked 'em up. They then came for our batteries, so we locked 'em up. They then came for our OTC meds, so we locked 'em up. Now they come for our soap. Maybe socks are next.

What really gets me is that, no matter how many times it turns up in the media, every time I go on a "ORC is BIG BUSINESS" rant I'm greeted by a whole group of shocked faces. It's discouraging that just how widespread this is isn't common knowledge.
    "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

No shocked face or amazement from me my friend.

They busted a small "Mom and Pop" type grocery in Seattle awhile back for running a ring that basically stocked the store with stuff shoplifted from other stores. The big ticket item? Diapers.

A retailer I once worked for in the San Diego area was having a issue with trucks being driven trough their roll down gates and then through the doors onto the sales floor. The only thing they would take were blue jeans. This happened a number of times in multiple store and they would take 1000-1500 pairs each time.

A trolley trip to the Mexican border and a subsequent search of a number of stores found they were all stocked with our product. They were in and out so fast the police never caught them. We figured they had at least 10 or so people on each job.