Thread: Shopping carts

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

Default Shopping carts

We are in the middle of March Break. 50% of my downtown hotel is occupied by 17 to 19 year olds. As in past years we catch them bringing shopping carts full of bbeer into the hotel. Found 1 today from a local supermarket & 1 from a dollar store.

How much do these things cost?

Curtis or anyone else. Are there retailers that prosecute for theft of the carts?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    We are in the middle of March Break. 50% of my downtown hotel is occupied by 17 to 19 year olds. As in past years we catch them bringing shopping carts full of bbeer into the hotel. Found 1 today from a local supermarket & 1 from a dollar store.

How much do these things cost?

Curtis or anyone else. Are there retailers that prosecute for theft of the carts?
    They are hundreds of dollars each. I was a grocery store bagger and our carts had locking wheels to prevent taking.

Upwards of four hundred bucks a pop, my local grocer hires a guy in a truck to collect them from around town, lots of homeless and college kids yoink them.

The Ontario government would look at this issue and immediatly increase the tax on beer, start an education program after forming a committee and then tell these young people that society has let them down.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

Hey Eric. These hooligans ARE from Ontario. Spring Break in Montreal because you can't afford Florida ANF the legal drinking age is 18, not 19 like home. We used to get a lot of Boston kids too but this has stopped probably because they need passports to come here now.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

New Jersey Law regarding shoplifting; N.J.S.A. 2C:20-11

Part of the law reads:

(6) For any person purposely to remove a shopping cart from the premises of a store or other retail mercantile establishment without the consent of the merchant given at the time of such removal with the intention of permanently depriving the merchant of the possession, use or benefit of such cart.

Roscoe

) “Retail theft” means the taking possession of or carrying away of merchandise, property, money, or negotiable documents; altering or removing a label, universal product code, or price tag; transferring merchandise from one container to another; or removing a shopping cart, with intent to deprive the merchant of possession, use, benefit, or full retail value.

On cell, forgive ugliness but thats Floridas statute.