+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Android DAR Writing App

Anyone know of any good apps for creating a daily activity report on an Android based phone?
    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Default reports

Unfort no, I dont know if any reports APPS that are out, that would be useable in the security field. I was told, unsure if true...but it would be easier to get a app published in the DROID market then the Apple market.

I have thought about making one up, but never really had the time enough to sit down with a program writer.

I like to use Police Pad, you can create customized event titles, add photos and notes. The nice thing is that at the end of the day you can generate a report of all or selected events. The report is a PDF that can be easily e-mailed to clients, branch or whomever. Since you can select whick events go into a report, mobile officers can generate reports for specific alarm responses or patrol hits. That way the client only sees pertaining to their site(s), not every site the officer went to in a shift.
    "Let Justice Be Done, Though Heaven Should Fall" - Camp Sather, BIAP, Iraq
    "This We Do...So That Others May Live"
    "Glaine ár gcroí, Neart ár ngéag, Agus beart de réir ár mbriathar" - Irish Army Ranger Wing

RiskAssessmentandMitigation.wordpress.com

Thumbs up OfficerReports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
    Anyone know of any good apps for creating a daily activity report on an Android based phone?
    We have GREAT Daily Activity Report Software that is web based, which means you can use it with Android or any mobile platform with a web browser. Check out our website at http://www.OfficerReports.com.

Not sure I'd want to use my personal phone for documenting events at the work site. Maybe Curtis, ST, jtwestern or one of the other LE members could answer this, but couldn't the phone be vouchered as evidence if something happened and you used your phone to document it? Or am I thinking too hard here
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

A lawyer can probably subpoena anything that he wants, if that's what you're getting at. :-) But in this case they would probably just serve our company, because the information that is submitted via our daily activity report app is resident on our servers and not your phone. Additionally, we market our services primarily to security guard companies that have smartphones or other mobile devices on site. I didn't foresee many officers wanting to use their own phones. Great question though.

something that writes "Patrol site, all secure" every hour 8 times in a row so you don't have to?

But seriously, I'm want my guys to have a smart phone or whatever and require them to take a bunch of pics as they patrol.

Anything less just seems "weak" given today's cheap tech.

Does "all secure" mean same two cars in lot, or lots of cars in and out just 'no problems'.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    something that writes "Patrol site, all secure" every hour 8 times in a row so you don't have to?

But seriously, I'm want my guys to have a smart phone or whatever and require them to take a bunch of pics as they patrol.

Anything less just seems "weak" given today's cheap tech.

Does "all secure" mean same two cars in lot, or lots of cars in and out just 'no problems'.
    If that's the case, it doesn't sound like you have a tech problem as much as a training problem. I say this as respectfully as possible, but if you have to to force your officers to do things right they might not be the right officers. Our tool helps good security officer and their companies shine.

Quote Originally Posted by ORC View Post
    If that's the case, it doesn't sound like you have a tech problem as much as a training problem. I say this as respectfully as possible, but if you have to to force your officers to do things right they might not be the right officers. Our tool helps good security officer and their companies shine.
    Hate to rain on your parade, ORC, but no way would I want my company's confidential internal reports sitting on ANY third-party server. In fact, this must be, hands down, the WORST idea I ever heard of. I recommend that NO ONE consider doing this for even one nanosecond.

Also, I don't hear Squid saying that he wants photo documentation because his people aren't trained well, or because they aren't doing their jobs. There are many reasons that the ease of taking and transmitting photographs - and even video clips - from a site, either to a server (YOUR OWN!) for documentation, to a supervisor for oversight and command purposes, or even to a client for informational reasons, makes absolutely perfectly good sense, given today's mobile technology.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 06-10-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    A man who will not lie to his wife has no regard for her feelings. - Anon.

My school was so tough we had our own coroner. - Lenny Bruce

In my neighborhood, you could walk 10 blocks in any direction and never leave the scene of a crime. - Charlie Callas

Quote Originally Posted by SecTrainer View Post
    Hate to rain on your parade, ORC, but no way would I want my company's confidential internal reports sitting on ANY third-party server. In fact, this must be, hands down, the WORST idea I ever heard of. I recommend that NO ONE consider doing this for even one nanosecond.

Also, I don't hear Squid saying that he wants photo documentation because his people aren't trained well, or because they aren't doing their jobs. There are many reasons that the ease of taking and transmitting photographs - and even video clips - from a site, either to a server (YOUR OWN!) for documentation, to a supervisor for oversight and command purposes, or even to a client for informational reasons, makes absolutely perfectly good sense, given today's mobile technology.
    Our DARs are stored on the client server and logged electronically. Only time I ever get pic/video is when one of my guys has a question regarding a problem/hazard at the work site which they promptly text to my phone. The image then gets placed on my personal external hard drive and as well as attached to a report. I'm with ST about reprots being on 3rd parties servers, looks like i missed that part when I first read this thread.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.