Security Management Resources, Inc.® an international executive search firm whose global practice is focused exclusively on professional and executive level corporate security positions, is seeking candidates for the following opportunity.
TITLE: Security Central Station Manager
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
This individual has overall responsibility for this growing, critical, life safety operation to insure uninterrupted, consistent and superior service for internal and external customers at the client’s Security Operations Center (SOC). The SOC is an Underwriters Laboratory Listed/Factory Mutual approved Central Station that operates 24/7/365 and monitors electronic security and safety systems i.e. intrusion, fire, lone worker and video systems for over 2000 locations. This position offers an excellent base salary, bonus and company benefit package.
• Responsible for managing the equipment and maintenance for alarm and video monitoring systems.
• Recruits, trains and schedules operators for the SOC.
• Manages the SOC infrastructure, i.e. alarm monitoring platform, telephone system, including program uploads and downloads for systems (includes initial programming of new systems, activating user codes and/or adjusting certain parameters to ensure system functions properly).
• Ensures quality performance by reviewing analyzing central station data including recorded telephone calls for accuracy and training opportunities.
• Maintains SOC compliance with UL and FM standards, coordinate preparation and response for required periodic inspections.
• Supervises the compliance specialist to make sure that all applications and renewals are submitted timely.
• Obtains and/or maintains necessary professional certifications and continuing education credits to meet or qualify for various state licenses. Includes preparation for and travel to exams.
• Coordinates account implementation with the installations and technology groups.
• Maintains customer relations; addresses issues with client managers as needed.
• Works with new customers to develop customized response and procedures for operators and protocol for responses.
• Ensures training materials and resources are current and available to all employees.
• Provides accurate analysis and reporting of accounts.
• Assists the Corporate Security Team with strategic planning and organization development relative to the SOC.
• Supports the Corporate Emergency Response Plan with weather monitoring and updates as needed.
• Maintains SOC Disaster Recovery (DR) plan with periodic practice drills and equipment failover.
• Provides response and support as needed to Group Security Directors.
• Maintains relationships with existing and potential customers.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
• Direct supervision of 5 full-time and 10 contract employees.
3-5 years’ experience as a UL Certified Central Station Manager
3-5 years technical expertise with alarm monitoring platforms such as DICE & Sureview
3-5 years technical understanding of CCTV systems, their components and communication pathways.
3-5 years Information Technology or networking experience
5 years plus experience as a UL Certified Central Station Manager
Security sales and Business development experience
Demonstrated success in growing a similar book of business
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Demonstrated success to qualify and maintain appropriate state licenses.
CSAA Operator license or equivalent
Our client is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Only interested fully qualified candidates should submit their resumes via the position posting on the SMR website at: http://www.smrgroup.com/SMR-Jobs.htm
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Central Station Manager
01-18-2012, 02:57 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
Central Station Manager