0 0%
  • Oh crap!

0 0%
  • Taking it as it comes.

2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Imodium / Loperamide 2mg Thefts

Over the last few weeks we have seen an obscene amount of thefts of our generic Loperamide HCL tabs, especially the 96 count bottles. They find a corner, open and empty the bottle and leave the packaging and the empty bottle.

I have heard rumors of drug addicts using this in massive doses (100 mg or 50 pills) to help with the withdrawals from heroine, but has anyone else seen this. Others say it is enough to get a high.

Anyone got any detentions that can spread some light on the type of perp I am looking for?

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

What the he double hockey sticks does the poll have to do with this post?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

Interesting "trend". I know that in my travels to underdeveloped nations I have kept them and cipro as a staple in my med-kit.

From what I understand it acts similar to an opiate but does not cross the blood/brain barrier and thus no "high". But I am sure if you take enough you'll feel something.

I would expect a rash of "Ex-lax" theft in the coming week.
    "The path to paradise begins in hell."
    — Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by anacondaken View Post
    Over the last few weeks we have seen an obscene amount of thefts of our generic Loperamide HCL tabs, especially the 96 count bottles. They find a corner, open and empty the bottle and leave the packaging and the empty bottle.

I have heard rumors of drug addicts using this in massive doses (100 mg or 50 pills) to help with the withdrawals from heroine, but has anyone else seen this. Others say it is enough to get a high.

Anyone got any detentions that can spread some light on the type of perp I am looking for?

Imodium/loperamide is used by some to help with opiate withdrawal, yes. So, I guess I'd be looking for someone who looks like they might be withdrawing (sweating, tearing of the eyes, sniffling/sneezing, tremor/jittery/irritable, sometimes dilated pupils, etc). Problem is, a lot of people with the flu look like this too!

It's kinda pathetic that they're stealing it. Loperamide is one of the cheapest generics on the shelves - although admittedly they do take it in pretty large quantities. Not sure they're taking as much as 100 mg at a time, but more like 100-120 mg a day in divided doses, so I'd guess they're pocketing some of the pills. (Teensy tiny pills that you'd probably never detect on a patdown. A couple dozen of these pills would just feel like plain old pocket lint.)

Although it's an opioid compound, by itself loperamide won't get them high and many using loperamide to combat withdrawal symptoms aren't looking for a high. However, when taken with Zantac, Prilosec or even black pepper, it can cross the blood-brain barrier for a high.

MORAL: If a sweaty, watery-eyed jitterbug comes up to you and snuffles "Hey, man. Like, do you got any black pepper, man?" keep an eye on 'em - especially if they head over to the diarrhea aisle.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-27-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    A man who will not lie to his wife has no regard for her feelings. - Anon.

My school was so tough we had our own coroner. - Lenny Bruce

In my neighborhood, you could walk 10 blocks in any direction and never leave the scene of a crime. - Charlie Callas

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    I was in Paramus, NJ last night and could have used some.
    What? Why? Immodium doesn't protect you against snow. Unless you were driving and kept saying to yourself "oh, sh*t, oh, sh*t, oh, sh*t".
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer