+ Reply to Thread

Default what camera to house security?

Hi, all. I'm new here. Now I'm going to DIY my own house security system, but not quite sure what cameras I should equip. Searched on Google and come across this place. So, I hope I would get some help here. Thanks in advance.

DIY is fine, but don't just take the word of faceless people on the web. I for example have a face, but it is more designed for radio than HDTV.

I would research more on my own as well
    DIY risk assessment
    DIY consult with various camera sales or websites at least
    DIY bank savings account investigation

After all that, a loud dog may be more cost effective when combining the exercise / health elements, or you may just leave a webcam (motion sensitive) on covering the beer fridge or other area of concern.

Best of luck though, really.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by greefever View Post
    Hi, all. I'm new here. Now I'm going to DIY my own house security system, but not quite sure what cameras I should equip. Searched on Google and come across this place. So, I hope I would get some help here. Thanks in advance.
    You don't tell us anything at all about what you want the system to do (what capabilities you want), so I don't see how we can possibly advise you.
    A man who will not lie to his wife has no regard for her feelings. - Anon.

My school was so tough we had our own coroner. - Lenny Bruce

In my neighborhood, you could walk 10 blocks in any direction and never leave the scene of a crime. - Charlie Callas

Thanks for you replies, guys. I'm going to have a camera on the porch, a camera to watch the basement and several cameras to cover platform per floor. For camera on the porch, I think it's better to use waterproof IR camera. Others would be ok with IR cameras. I'm going to do more research homework for cameras in details...
    BTW, is it a good idea to buy these stuffs online? Seems prices are cheaper.

Searched around my neighborhood and only found one store, but the price is really high. So I took a look on Google, and found several a little cheaper cameras on this site, http://www.shopsimple.com/ip-cameras.../page2-20.html Any experience from over there?

Cameras are mostly a detterent because thieves often hide their descriptors.

IMO a good monitored alarm system should be used with the cameras for layered security since you probably wont have your cameras monitored 24/7.

Default What camera to house security

According to my opinion, CCTV security cameras provide strong anti-vandal protection. You also have the ability to choose between standard and high-resolution security cameras.

Security Expert | cctv surveillance cameras | security consultant
    Last edited by MarvinLamont; 02-25-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by greefever View Post
    Hi there...

Before you bury yourself in security camera research ask yourself a few key questions:

* Where you want to installed camera inside, outside or both??
    * Do you have specific areas (porch) you’d like to focus ??
    * Do you want a camera which easily recording the video data?
    * What is your range of buying??
    * Can you install it yourself or will you need a contractor?

Each of these questions optimize your product options and make your self much clear.
    Security Services Cork

Default About the security cameras

Why don't you consult a good home security company and ask them your needs. I know a good security company which provides variety of advanced home security systems to their clients. Locksmith Markham is one such company which is renowned in the field of Locksmith services and home security systems. They provide all type of home security support service at a reasonable rate.