+ Reply to Thread

Default How To Shoplift Clothes From Department Stores (cole valley / ashbury hts) __________

How To Shoplift Clothes From Department Stores (cole valley / ashbury hts)
    Date: 2011-05-25, 12:02PM PDT
    Reply to:
    [Errors when replying to ads?]

WHERE TO GO...

One of the most important things in shoplifting clothes is knowing which stores to go to. Well this depends on what skill level shoplifter you are. An experienced one can basically lift at any store in the mall if he/she plans right and follows through. As for a beginner, I suggest you begin at Dillard's and Macy's. Both stores have terrible ap (asset protection) and most of the clothes don't have electronic tags. Also, there aren't a whole lot of camera's either. The more you study stores, the more you realize that they rely on different kinds of security. For instance, Macy's relies on tags so much that there are only 2 camera's in the men's section. The next time you visit the mall, I suggest you go through every anchor store and document the security systems. For the purpose of time and space, I'll focus on Dillard's and Macy's in this tutorial.

HOW TO PULL IT OFF

Before you begin you're journey, you must dress right. The ideal shoplifting outfit is a casual longsleeve button up shirt with a high collar and slacks. Just trust me on this. So you walk into the store. To make sure you don't look suspicious, go with some friends and don't look rigid and nervous. Joke around and have fun, but most importantly, ACT LIKE YOU'RE SHOPPING! If you don't look like you belong there, Loss Prevention will soon be hovering over you. Also, if you are younger than 14, then I suggest you go with some older people to look legit. Now decide what you want. Pants? Shirts? How many? I suggest you only lift single articles of clothing for your first time, so you don't sketch out. For shirts, this is what you do:

1. Find the clothing item you want. As you do this, take some mediocre shirts and lay them over your arm. After you find a cool shirt, fold the sides in then fold it in half. Now place it under the other shirts so it's completely not seen. Make sure you do this when your back is to a camera, or if there aren't any camera's at all. Also, if you don't know how to cut tags, then pick a shirt with no tags.

2. Go to the dressing rooms. In Macy's, no one counts your clothes, (unless it's a holiday or something), but a camera keeps seeing you walk in. That's why the good shirt is concealed, so it looks like you come out with the same number of shirts you went in with.

3. Now that you're in, pull off your shirt. put on the good shirt, then put on your shirt over it. Look in the mirror and MAKE SURE none of the stolen shirt is showing. This is why a high collar shirt is good. After that, take the other shirts off the hanger and ruffle them up a little to make it look like you tried them on. If you want, you can really try one on and show your friends outside, asking how you look, etc..

4. When you finally leave the dressing room, make sure you have the other clothes with you. Ask a dressing room attendant to put them back, then calmly take your time to leave. DON'T RUSH IT, or the attendant will grow suspicious. So you finally leave the store. You did it. Congrats.

5. Remember that the same method applies with pants. Pants are even easier that shirts when have slacks or khaki's on.

TAGS

There are 2 types of tags: Ink tags and electronic tags. Electronic tags are the ones you have to really worry about, since they make the sensors BEEP! So to get off an electronic tag, you need wire cutters. Get really thin ones, and if you can, get parrot beak ones. When you get into the dressing room, get out your cutters and slip it as hard as you can under the little plastic circle. now clip off the metal strip. At first it might seem hard, but keep trying, you'll get it. To get rid of the tag, slip it into the pocket of one of the pants you brought in the dressing room. When you come out, put the pants back on the rack.

Ink tags are easy. They don't make the sensors beep, so all you need to know is how to get them off. Stick the article of clothing in a freezer. When it finally freezes, just clip it off and the ink will be froze. There are other ways, but that's the easiest.

TIPS:

-Act as if you belong in the store you're in.

-Don't sketch out. Remember that Loss Prevention is terrible in department stores, and the first time you get caught is always a warning (unless you stole a large amount).

-Have fun and be creative! This is a tried and true method, but there are many more methods, some perhaps better. Don't be afraid to experiment!

##################################################

Any comments on this? First thing that comes to mind would be system where a sensor counts the tags going INTO the dressing room, and then counts the tags coming OUT. This would all happen automatically and silently.

Maybe electronic tags so small they can be easily slipped into any of several spots on any garment where the fabric is doubled or tripled, and be unnoticeable and hard to find, and cheap enough you could put more than one tag in a garment.

I'd also say a strict system of In and Out # of garments I've seen at some Ross Stores, but I think the higher-end stores don't want to treat their customers as assumed criminals.

Doesn't really matter.
    IF LPO are doing their jobs they notice the selection and they can count garments and the game is over.
    IF the associates are doing their jobs then they monitor items in and out and alert LPO.

I think the drop bag much harder to catch.

Question - do the automatic sensor tags put a number over the door or transmit to an associate or LPO?

Default I'd have the system so it silently alerts LPO when a mismatch occurs

between tags In and Out of dressing room.

With modern and cheap RIF/scanning/database you could alert exactly which item had lost its tag.

Integrate the system into UPC/inventory.

Squid, where did that info come from?

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by SIW Editor View Post
    Squid, where did that info come from?

Geoff
    Geoff, this came from rotteneggs.com and has been out there for years, dating back to 2008 at least.

The retail loss prevention industry has progressed since this was first posted and much the previous posters asked about is currently being done in respect to RFID tags and inventory tracking.

[QUOTE=Squid;124143]How To Shoplift Clothes From Department Stores (cole valley / ashbury hts)

##################################################
    Maybe electronic tags so small they can be easily slipped into any of several spots on any garment where the fabric is doubled or tripled, and be unnoticeable and hard to find, and cheap enough you could put more than one tag in a garment.

QUOTE]

I think, electro-magnetic tags or DR labels can make this come ture. They are cheap, small.

Some oem garments or shoes manufacturers use electro-magnetic tags as requested by their customers.
    Last edited by viko-eas; 08-05-2011 at 10:06 PM.