+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking for a good home security camera

I am looking for a good home security camera with a motion sensor that will alert me when someone has entered my home.

I am looking for something like this.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....853963b9.html

I have been looking around and the brand Nuvico has been popping up but it looks a bit pricey.

Any suggestions?

Try the Archerfish Solo. Subscription required.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

There were many security solutions provider you can choose from, search it through the internet if you want. Then, compare their products for a home security camera in order for you to find a good one with an affordable price.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzer View Post
    I am looking for a good home security camera with a motion sensor that will alert me when someone has entered my home.

I am looking for something like this.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....853963b9.html

I have been looking around and the brand Nuvico has been popping up but it looks a bit pricey.

Any suggestions?

You can consult with a security guard company who provides camera security. They will you for the best one and also guide you in proper installation.

I wouldn't go through a security guard company - the price would again be jacked up to include a profit margin for the security guard company.

There are a number of cameras that now include a light-weight "web server", so there are many options. The two main issues that can arise with these systems are:

1. Dynamic IP address from your Internet provider. Might have to use a service like DynIP to locate your camera's IP address.

2. Need for port-forwarding. For several reasons, your server might not be able to use port 80, for instance, which would be what your browser would expect by "default". (For instance, your Internet provider might not want subscribers to host their own web servers, so outgoing port 80 is blocked.) Port-forwarding is something that virtually any router can do, but each one has its own procedure.

Some systems can handle the details through the software that comes with the camera. Also, various systems will have different "bonus" features - like emailing you or sending an SMS message to your phone when there is motion detected. Obviously, these features typically cost more.

Here's a fairly typical system (which I am not recommending by any means): http://www.ezwatch-security-cameras....C-p-16629.html

Alternatively, you can even do something very simple like leaving a laptop with the webcam in a "viewing" position and use "GoToMyPC" or a similar remote access platform to access the laptop. You can then turn on the camera and see what's shakin'. This is a pretty primitive method, of course, although the remote access capability has many, many more uses that you might find beneficial. PROBLEM: When the thieves steal your laptop, as they undoubtedly will, your "camera system" goes with it! You might feel this is, umm...somewhat counterproductive.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-12-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    A man who will not lie to his wife has no regard for her feelings. - Anon.

My school was so tough we had our own coroner. - Lenny Bruce

In my neighborhood, you could walk 10 blocks in any direction and never leave the scene of a crime. - Charlie Callas

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by buzzer View Post

There are lots of security companies who can provide you different types of security camera systems, both indoor and outdoor. Also offers pug and play installation guide that makes it much easier to setup.

If you choose branded camera then surely it will be costly because of the quality and their maintenance services...

Regards kyle
    Security Services Cork

Default Looking for a good home security camera

According to my opinion CCTV camera is the best choice for security purpose. It can capture clear image. It can not only used for home but also it can be used for business.

Security Expert | cctv surveillance cameras | security consultant

Default looking for a good home security camera

To get a perfect security camera becomes very difficult. Nowadays , the demand for infrared security cameras has increased in both private and public sectors. They are can be easily installed . These cameras are affordable. There are different types of security cameras. The purpose of a camera is completely based on the environment it is to be used.
    When a security camera is called “good”. It should give a clear picture quality, it should have an auto day/night setup, it should use less bandwidth which will result in low storage. The list goes on. Mainly all of theses features can be achieved with the help of an IR lamp. As an IR lamp can see the invisible light. During the night it will help any type of camera to get a clear and precise image.
    Hence for me a camera with an IR will give me a “good security camera”.

This thread has turned out to be a vendor advertisement thread....off to the Vendor forum....