+ Reply to Thread

Default Cruise Ship Security

U.S. Congressional Legislation: Cruise Ship Security
    A bill (H.R. 3360) that would enhance security aboard cruise ships has been approved by the Senate. Because of discrepancies between the House and Senate versions of the bill, the differences must be reconciled in conference committee.

Both versions of the bill would require that each stateroom on cruise ships be equipped with security latches and electronic keys that would be able to provide times and dates of entries. Ships would also be required to install and maintain a video surveillance system and provide information from that surveillance to law enforcement upon request. Cruise ship owners would be required to establish and enforce policies on crew-member access to passenger rooms.

Montreal borough of Verdun, Quebec, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by maluco View Post
    U.S. Congressional Legislation: Cruise Ship Security
    A bill (H.R. 3360) that would enhance security aboard cruise ships has been approved by the Senate. Because of discrepancies between the House and Senate versions of the bill, the differences must be reconciled in conference committee.

Both versions of the bill would require that each stateroom on cruise ships be equipped with security latches and electronic keys that would be able to provide times and dates of entries. Ships would also be required to install and maintain a video surveillance system and provide information from that surveillance to law enforcement upon request. Cruise ship owners would be required to establish and enforce policies on crew-member access to passenger rooms.
    Maybe they'll extend it to hotels? There is nothing like it now. Some chains have their own internal rules but even then my experience is that for francised hotels these "rules" are only suggestions.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.

Default cruise ship security

Quote Originally Posted by maluco View Post
    I don't get it. Those measures already exist on cruise ships for longer that a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by user999 View Post
    I don't get it. Those measures already exist on cruise ships for longer that a decade.
    Yes, but they aren't required to give that information to DHS without warrant. Now you get it?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law