Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim1348
    • Dec 2010

Security Officers At Seattle Medical Center To Carry TASERs

How many people here carry a Taser for work? If you had the option, would you carry one?
  • Jstar571
    • Jun 2009

Taser

I have Nothing but "verbal Judo" and my radio to my Base to get Armed Assistance to my location. If I was to be offered to have a Taser, I would accept it. I would have to get my Act 235 and I would ASAP.

Right now I have Nothing but my brains to get me out of a 'situation' and a last resort item on my duty belt that was issued to me to unlock doors.

My boss though, Ha no. He would NEVER give us anything to defend ourselfs

Comment

• PolarDeer
      • Jan 2012

Only used by the police and correctional officers around here. We're restricted to pepper spray, the baton and handcuffs.

Having said that, I'd definitely see the usefulness of a taser for private security here. Would issue it only after certain selection and training to make sure it's properly used, but given the type of incidents security can respond to in tasks such as mobile patrol, public transit, hospitals, certain mall accounts, etc. I'm definitely hoping on us getting the tasers at some point.

Comment

• Condo Guard
        • Oct 2010

To provide a bit of context here - one of Swedish's main facilities is right by Harborview, which is the city and county hospital. Both of these facilities are sandwiched between the downtown area and public housing. Nights in the ER can get very interesting indeed.

The Edmonds campus used to be the county hospital for Snohomish; I'm assuming it still is, just under different owners.

Comment

• TOII
          • Jun 2011

Where I live, both major hospital systems security officers carry tazers, and asp and OC.

Comment

• sgtnewby
            • Jul 2006

We have had them since about 2007/2008. All officers here have their own taser with camera.
            Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

• FireEMSPolice
              • Mar 2007

No such luck at our place. Handcuffs only and MAYBE mace.
              "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...