PDA

View Full Version : Worst Company ever

kingsman
05-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Describe to us the worst security company you ever worked for. Don't name names unless you feel you need to, but what did they promise and what did they give.

IB107
05-25-2006, 06:49 PM
raise afte 90 days :( did not get others got in a week...
raise after a year finally got but moved, so it didnt matter.
OVER TIME demands working 110 hr weeks because ppl wont show up for shifts, yea the pay checks were nice, but i would go home sleep for 4 hrs day and that was it.
when uniforms would rip or tear, they would hardly replace em

oohhhh and i forgot there was that one time payroll messed up and i got paid .10 a hr, in stead of 10.00 hr.

N. A. Corbier
05-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Describe to us the worst security company you ever worked for. Don't name names unless you feel you need to, but what did they promise and what did they give.

Please do not name names unless you have evidence to support your position in a court of law.

Jackhole
05-25-2006, 11:50 PM
A small company that a cop friend of mine actually owned. The work was fine, it was the pay that was a problem. If I worked a shift, I could expect to wait 5-6 weeks for the check to arrive. Unfortunately, I'm not on speaking terms with my friend anymore because of it. :(

In case you couldn't figure it out already, the business went out of business shortly after I left.

ycaso77
05-26-2006, 12:59 AM
I would say a company I worked for that had recently taken over a site. Hired me as a site sgt. and gave me a list of 31 people when 4 were needed. Told me to write down the names of anyone who happened to show up. The owner of the site had a toilet with a pull chain and no seat for us to use. Locker room was an abandoned stairwell, and had racoons waiting for me to leave to get at my lunch. Worked 4 shifts straight as no one else showed up- company never answered thier phone. At the end of the 4th shift hung my uniform shirt in the locker room and told the site owners son to watch the door. Did I mention the fact they gave me a sgt. shirt from the previous company that they had inherited from left behind uniforms? Needless to say that temporary job was as temporary as can be.

darrell
05-26-2006, 05:23 AM
Boss went banrupt after I started. He then ran it out of his truck, gave us hand written checkes which bounced every time. Had to go to his bank to cash them, only to find he had no money in his account..

Then after quitting he left nasty threatening voice mails for me then when taxes came around he NEVER paid Social Security, or any FICA or the other stuff nor state and federal taxes. I took a huge hit when he said I made way more then I really did.

I got audited 3 years in a row.

Thank God for keeping all my paper work

davis002
05-26-2006, 05:49 AM
So I can't name names? Ok, well the worst security company I worked for is the largest in the world, and is based out of Sweden. They bought out two large US security companies in 1999 and 2000 (one of them the first in the US). IMHO, they are nothing more than a greedy underbidding corporation that hires you if you happen to have a favorable body temp, keep your mouth shut, and dont rock the boat. I would be extremely surprised if any of you could figure out the company I speak of (I hope you can sense the sarcasm, i'm laying it on kinda thick). Hey, swedish based companies aren't all that bad, I do like Ikea!

wvd1979
05-26-2006, 06:04 AM
My worst experience in the security field was when I worked for a small liberal arts college in Maryland. Our department's title was "Department of Campus Safety", however our badges said "____ College Police" and the patrol vehicle said "CAMPUS POLICE" on the side of it. No police power, no body armor, no self defense equipment, no self defense training; I often questioned the legality of wearing the POLICE title. Some of the officers carried handcuffs but had no training/certification in restraint.

When there were sanctioned parties on campus for certain organizations, we had to provide the security for those parties which included operating a metal detector. Alcohol was served at quite a few of these functions and it was not uncommon to have fights. Also I should point out that many of the party "guests" drove in from DC and Baltimore and had some nice gang insignia on their clothing and numbers/names tattooed on their arms.

Overall I felt like a police impersonator. Then we would catch students doing something stupid and the college would sweep it under the carpet or slap them on the wrist. And student athletes were basically invincible, even though they were just a puny Division III conference.

IB107
05-26-2006, 06:53 AM
So I can't name names? Ok, well the worst security company I worked for is the largest in the world, and is based out of Sweden. They bought out two large US security companies in 1999 and 2000 (one of them the first in the US). IMHO, they are nothing more than a greedy underbidding corporation that hires you if you happen to have a favorable body temp, keep your mouth shut, and dont rock the boat. I would be extremely surprised if any of you could figure out the company I speak of (I hope you can sense the sarcasm, i'm laying it on kinda thick). Hey, swedish based companies aren't all that bad, I do like Ikea!

from that comment, i know who your talking about he he but ill forget that companies name too although i have never worked for that company, one learns alot about other security companies, when one was a shop stewart for seiu 247 after we switched over from IUSO, and started to map out the master security contact for the union companies :P

Lawson
05-27-2006, 07:53 PM
I will straight up name my worst company...

Western Washington Merchant Patrol, Owned by Don Tardiff,

www.merchantpatrol.com

I have never been thrown for such a loop in my entire security career than I was by this company. After an incident they came at me throwing around words like, "Federal Prison", "FBI, NCIS, USCG, investigating", etc... It seemed they completely turned their backs on me. I would never ever, EVER... reccommend someone work under this company. And I am forever willing to back up any statement I make about this Co.

kingsman
05-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Promised us the very basic and delivered zilch.

Sent us to Hurricane ravaged state to provide security to FEMA locations.

Pack for a Campout, they said. You will be working 12/7 for 3 months. Pay was $60,000 a year. Armed accounts.

What they promissed

Transportation to state
Barracks style military tent
City showers and toilet facilities
3 meals a day

what we got

a 26 hour trip in a 12 passanger van, no food
4 man dome tents
Food located in a tent you could cook for yourself on a gas grill
1 toilet, 1 shower for 40 men

And a company that would short you on pay any chance they got.

Lawson
05-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Ouch, I went to the Hurricane zone with Wackenhut, they flew me out there (and flew me back first class) got paid very well, slept in a hotel, reimbursed fuel, a rental car, 32 dollars a day cash per-diem.

aphilpot
05-29-2006, 12:49 AM
I worked for one company that was famous for forgetting shift premiums (evening, night)....always got blamed on the payroll girl :rolleyes: . Also, we would do events like major concerts out of town and they would either forget or change the agreed upon mileage amount.....they went bankrupt a few years ago to nobody's surprise.

FederalSecurity
08-14-2006, 04:36 PM
I have personally never worked for this company, but that didn't stop

them from providing me with this dramatic saga. This company has their

Corporate Headquarters in Seattle and another office in New York.

Approximately two years ago, I had sent an application for employment along

with my resume to this company, and a few days later I called to inquire if

my paperwork had been recieved. The Contract Manager himself told me

that my application had been recieved and my resume was impressive. I then

stated that I didn't have my own Glock 17 (which was standard in the

company according to one of their officers), and his reply was, "Oh don't

worry, we'll issue you one after we certify you, then we'll give you a position.

Give me a call in a couple of days so I can set you up with a certified

instructor." A couple of days later, I called him back as he had requested,

and this time he stated, "We can't issue you a firearm, so as soon as you

get a Glock 17 of your own, we can have someone certify you." Because of

the pay rate of the security position I had at the time, it took me over two

months to save the money to purchase a brand new Glock 17. The moment

I had that new Glock 17 in my hands, I called this "gentleman" and informed

him that I had my own Glock 17, and that I was ready to get in touch with

his certified instructor. He then told me that I would have to become

certified with the Glock 17 on my own before I would be considered for

employment. This left me incensed. More than two years have passed since

this incident and I've had a Federal security position for more than a year

now. Since my position allows me quite a bit of time off every week, I have

recently decided to put some effort into looking for another part-time

security position. My reasoning is that since I've had more than two years

to cool off, I also decided to try this same company again. I proceeded to

fax a completed application for employment along with an updated resume,

and several days later, I called the company to inquire if my paperwork had

been recieved. The receptionist had confirmed that my application and

resume had been recieved, but also stated, "We don't have any contracts

in Eastern Washington." I then asked her, "Doesn't your company guard

Lower Granite Dam and Ice Harbor Dam?" She replied, "Yes we do." At that

moment, all of my old rage had returned, and I promptly hung my phone up.

Never in all my professional career had I been so tempted to break the law

and pummel other security industry "professionals" into unconsciousness with

my bare fists! I've made a vow that I am finished dealing with those

incompetent, arrogant fools for as long as I'm involved in security.

Black Caesar
08-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Worst company I worked for no longer exists. i still have a uniform shirt from them with my Sergeant Major Stripes on them. I worked there 2 months........