PDA

View Full Version : GSM Alarm Dialer (Need Help)

hw65878
02-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Hello,

I have been searching the Internet up and down to find a low cost solution to what seems to be a simple alarm system. All the auto dialers and GSM alarms offered retail are too expensive and have too many bells and whistles. All I need is a basic alarm system that will notify me via a text page that a door was opened. This is for my business and the unit would be located in rural areas with no power or phone lines and the alarms would be outside. So the alarm would need to run off of a battery that can last at least a couple of weeks and I guess be attached to a GSM phone that can dial or send me a page if the alarm has been tripped. I have found a couple of solutions that are from the UK but none in the US. Here is a link to a solution that I think would work for me.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jackcollins/html/details.html

If you can help me come up with a solution or could build a solution I will need 10 - 50 over the next year (maybe more). I need the price point to be in the $100 - $150 range with the phone. I am willing to pay to have someone help me custom make one.

Thanks in advance if you can help! I can be contacted at:

heath@phonelogix.com

Heath